Saturday, March 26, 2011

Friends like these...a long update filled with excuses

I'm sorry, blog. I didn't post yesterday, though I started to last night.
Here's what I wrote:

I'm writing a fast post.
My brain is funtioning on little sleep.
Yesterday night I watched the five hour version of Pride and Prejudice. I love that movie. I think I almost have it memorized. I also got to have some friend time, and we continued our tradition of trying on ugly prom dresses. (SEE THIS POST FOR WHAT HAPPENED LAST YEAR. It's good, I promise. Sorry to shout.)

I think we shall have to do this every year.
And, since I'm not planning on going to prom, and she is not planning on prom, we are going to do something perfectly ingenious to make up for the lack of "normal teenagerness"

I have a feeling our adventure will be silly and marvelous.
Prom dresses will be involved.

(...and I stopped. Because I couldn't think straight enough to even use proper grammar. It started to go into the land of asdfjkl;ehrw)

But I'll continue the thought.

So, this year, the ugly marshmallow dress has not yet left us.
Ew.

As we were strolling through the mall, I saw a sign at the Bobbi Brown makeup store that said, "Give us five minutes to show you what our makeup can do." Something like that.
It wasn't busy in the store, so I pulled my friend (we'll call her B) into the store. We both got "makeovers"
They were friendly people, more or less.
B looked like so cute when the lady finished with her.

My makeup artist did something odd.
He (um, yep, it was a man) used eyeliner ALL AROUND my eyes. I looked like a raccoon. But at least it was expensive makeup all around my eyes.

Well, this makeup guy was... a guy. need I say more?

After he was finished, he told me that the green in my eyes would pop.  My eyes DID look green (as they are green/brown) but I'm just not into that super-eyeliner-look.
It was very kind of him to let me wear his expensive makeup for free, and really it was a fun experience.

I just think I'll stick to my moderately-priced, I-did-it-myself, makeup.
It usually looks alright, see? (I didn't get a good picture of the aftermath of the eyeliner, but I googled an image)
Me usually:






I didn't get a good shot of my raccoon eye makeup, and I am glad. Though I found another blogger who illustrated the raccoon eye phenomenon nicely at questforpretty.blogspot.com:

"Raccoon eye: when the makeup designed to widen the eye fails, and instead, you look like a beady eyed raccoon. I attempted to demonstrate the horrible affliction that plagues many of our young people today. I hypothesized that if the eyeliner surrounding the eye had total height that was as great as the eye opening itself, that the Raccoon Effect would show itself."

I probably just lost my readers, didn't I? I'm sorry to go off on such a dull tangent like makeup.
Time for me to go into hyper-drive.
So, dresses. Pretending to be a model. Eating salad. Watching Pride and Prejudice. Having a sleepover.
All good things to do with one of your best friends.

Friday, I had Physics. Physics 2 is proving to be easier than Physics 1. Who would have imagined?!?

After that, there was some hanging out with another friend! Moe's+Tom Cruise movie=fun

I have amazing friends. I really, really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...