Monday, March 14, 2011

stress

Wow. There is so much on my mind. You don't need to know all of that stuff though. It'd bore and potentially confuse you (if it's not making sense to me, then I doubt it'll make sense to you. Case in point, I woke up this morning with 80's tunes on the brain, playing rather loudly.)
***
First of all, I should say that I'm (somewhat sucessfully) combatting my tendency to stress-out.
Stress out? Me? Never in a million years! 
It's a sad but true fact. If I have something for which I do not feel totally prepared thrust upon me, I usually freak-out-ever-so-slightly. I like to think that I'm good at projecting an image of confidence and lack of concern for the fact that I'm insufficient (ha!), but on the inside, I'm jittery as a bug.

I'm usually pretty chill, in fact, I'm good with bending most silly rules (other than the hard and fast ones...like, no killing other people and stealing is bad, etc) the rules like, "dessert must be saved for after dinner", are the kind I'm good at breaking.

Super-structure isn't really my thing.

But back to what I was saying. How have I improved (ever-so-slightly)?

Yesterday, most Americans underwent time travel. I lost an hour of my day, but it's okay, since I time-travelled.
I traveled an hour in advance. That's not the best thing if you're trying to be up at a certain time so you can go to church...

I woke up late, okay? And guess what I found out?
The sunday school's main guitar player was sick.
I'm the fill-in.
So, in addition to running around trying to get ready for church, I needed to prepare some sort of song list and Bible drill.

At first, I was reminiscent of that famous chicken with no head. It wasn't that big of a deal, but I was stressing out.

Guitar? check.
Picks? Picks? Agh, where are they? ...oh. I'll just wear my guitar pick earrings. Useful, no? 
What songs will I play? 
...I'm still in my pajamas! 


God's been teaching me to chillax and to not sweat the small stuff. (And no, I didn't go to church in my pajamas...)
My meaning is, I need to consider the flowers of the field.
It's taking me a long time to realize that I'm not in control, nor do I want to be.

I had a folder with projector sheets, a variety of silly sunday school songs, and possible Bible drills all prepared on my shelf. It was a heaven-sent emergency kit. Obviously, past-Makenzie was thinking ahead to such a time as this.

Everything just came together perfectly. The kids were great, the songs went well, and I had fun.
.......
Also, yesterday was GORGEOUS. I slept out in the sun, took loads of pictures...I loved the weather. Other than the pollen that was making me sneeze and turning my nose red, yesterday afternoon was ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...