Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jumbled Jingles...

I don't know if you're like me in this respect.
But I'll share my problem with you so that perhaps you can share in the burden (maybe I'll get an "Amen, sista!")
Maybe it'll help others to recognize their problem as well.


So here goes. This is how it would be in a anonymous support group:


"Hi, my name is Kenzie."
Hi Kenzie
"I have a problem."
Ohh, a problem? We understand. Tell us about your problem. Share.  
"Well, I have this problem with random things running through my brain constantly.
Also songs.
Lots of them.
Sometimes they get so loud I just have to start singing or verbalize them in some way.
Which could be potentially embarrassing for anyone who might know me."


(But by this time everyone in my support group is shaking their heads sadly.)
We're sorry, but there isn't really any help for you here.


So I left that support group.


Oh well. I'll find a way to deal. 


Just don't hang around me if you don't want to be embarrassed. 
Problem solved? 
It's rather annoying, but I have to come to terms with it at some point. Ah, well...


The past two weeks have been a wee little bit BUSY.


It’s been awhile since I’ve posted anything. 

Life has been a bit demanding of my time.
But I’m back.
For a short visit.
Maybe you’d like some hot tea and ginger snaps? (Because that’s what I’m having right now, and I’d be more than happy to share) 

Let’s get re-aquainted here. 
In my last post I talked about the pollen, my cousins, movie-making and such. 
Having the cousins here was a blast! 
It was very energetic, and I loved pretty much every minute of it. 
(Other than when they were overdue for a nap. Or when it so happened that the little one needed a diaper change... )
But cest’ la vie. It was indeed wonderful. 
Then that weekend was the youth rally for NC. 
It was really a great time to reconnect, to be up on a mountain, and get to know some of the other kids in my youth group better.

It was also a quiz rally. 
My church had a “team”. 
Talk about nerves! It was a pretty low-key quiz bowl, but still. Pushing a buzzer and blurting out what you pray will be the answer that the judges are looking for is nerve-wracking. 
The hot-spot is indeed hot
Our team got third (out of six). So we were the “average” group? 
The cool thing about the quiz rally is that it was on the book of James. The five of us on the team (plus a few stragglers and the great leaders who helped us) got to know those five chapters really well. 
Pablo Plays Guitar While Making Goodies Without Plucking Hard. 
(that was to help remember the traits of heavenly wisdom...) 
Then this past weekend, I got to hang out with a friend at the mall. 
So. FUN!
We went dress shopping, even though neither of us needed a dress (nor had the budget for most of the $$$ dresses!) 
I’m surprised at what some people would actually pick out for prom. Seriously. The marshmallow dress (as we dubbed it) is IN, apparently. And it doesn’t look good:


So 2010. 
Ugh. Someday we’ll look back and say that. 



Annnnnd, I did something I’m terribly ashamed of. 
Okay so we were at the mall, right? 
I can try to justify it, but there’s no excuse. 
Everyone does it at some point or another. 
I’m only human. (Keep this in mind, please.) 
Well, here’s what happened. 
I don’t know if you’ve ever gone intense shopping before. Well, being at the mall, walking around, trying on hideous dresses, it wears you out. 

Don’t believe me? Try it. 

You’ll have a blast, but you’ll be exhausted. 


So we’d been shopping for going on two and half hours. 
I needed a cold drink. 
There was a smoothie kiosk in front of me. Magically. 
Starbucks would have been cheaper (so you get an idea of the prices...) Starbucks was also on the other side of the mall. 
It's a big mall. Lots of walking to get to starbucks.
But this place was right there in front of me. 
("Five dollars for a jr. sized drink?!?! 
are you insane?!!?", is what my brain was telling me)
I was insane, apparently.
The nice guy with the strange piercing and even stranger lisp even said he’d make me another kind of smoothie if I didn’t like it. 
I was hesitant. 
But I never go to the mall. 
And an icy cold banana smoothie sounded SO GOOD. Starbucks was so far away. My legs were worn out from walking. It was warm in the mall. 
A icy smoothie was just what I needed.
So in great weakness,
 I bought it. 
Looking back, I’m terribly ashamed.
But I did do my part for the economy...

(I can say this though:
The first smoothie he made was okay. Not great. 
So I said I didn’t like it.  Just to see.
And he really did make me a different smoothie. 
Cranberry-banana-guava or something. Not bad. 
But NOT worth five dollars. )

I'm glad that I already have a sweet dress though. 
Because finding one would have been hard. I don't have that kind of $$$, either. 
With my dress, it worked out perfectly...
That's another story. You'll be enlightened later. 
Maybe. 

There's much to do. 
I hope you enjoyed your tea and cookies. I did. 
Have a lovely afternoon. 


1 comment:

  1. your funniness is amazing!!!! made me smile and made me laugh I think your writing is a wonderful thing and I'll sing random songs with you any day of the week remember to smile and I love ya!!! Shannon!!!!! Shaybay/DeRose!

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...