Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wonders of the Weekend

Alright, so, I present a sum-up of the weekend:




Friday:


Friday night, thanks to a generous, amazing friend, my sisters and I went to see Blue Man Group. It was an energetic, exciting show.

I had a blast. My sisters did too. Every few minutes we'd look over at each other and say something like, "Isn't this SO COOL?!?!"
I don't know if it's a universal feeling, but hearing good live music strikes a chord within me. This music made me giddy. Other times, music has elicited a different, but still strong, emotion.

I don't totally understand this phenomena, though I did read a quote that perhaps explains this sensation.
"Music is what feelings sound like." 
Works for me.


Anyways, Friday was a good day.



Saturday: 

So, Saturday, we were headed out-of-town to celebrate my uncle's 40th birthday. Before we left, mom made chili to bring to the party. It still needed to cook, and we were running out of time, so we decided to use our handy-dandy power adapter to plug the crock-pot of chili into our car. 
Ingenious, right? 

The events that happened immediately afterward were surreal. 
Imagine, if you will, this scene:


We're all packed, the chili is plugged in, and Dad starts up the car. 
We drive. 
We're 1/4 mile from the house when we come upon a stop sign. 
Dad stops. 
The crock-pot freakishly flips. 
The chili spills out.
The carpet is soaked with said chili. 

We stare in shock at the goopy pile of steaming chili. 


Such accidents only happen in movies, right? 


[in movies, houses can be destroyed, and the characters still act as if everything's hunky-dory. Hollywood people must be insane.]

We drove back home, got the mess cleaned up, and we were on the road within an hour. What a detour to take.

We got to the camp where my uncle's party was being held without encountering any more flukes.

There was a cake there that I so wanted to eat. It was beautiful:

(check out the the neat fondant art!)

I was a good girl, and I resisted the temptation of that moist chocolaty goodness. 
"Why didn't you eat the cake? Are you on a diet? Are you one of those girls?", you may be wondering. 
The answer is no way

I just happen to have a gluten intolerance [and I probably just shared too much information.] 
Sometimes, allergies make life a sad affair. 

But someone was nice and brought gluten-free brownies for those of us who couldn't eat gluten-filled cake. 
So don't feel too bad for me. 



So after the eating and such, I decided to hang out with my peer group, which consisted of mostly boys. 


What do boys enjoy doing? 


Turns out, it's pushing over trees. Dead trees, to be precise. They did it in the name of firewood, but a fire was never made. (I think it was an excuse.)

I did not push over trees. I'm not so macho. I just documented their craziness.
See? 
Tree falling over. 



Also, I messed around with the shutter speeds of my camera, and we made art with flashlights as it got darker. The pictures turned out nicely.
This is my cousin with crazy-cool background

This was a clown that my 10-year-old cousin drew

SunDAY:

Sunday we hung out with the family. I have the cutest cousins ever. 

I made a few mistakes on Sunday:
A) I gave into the urge to eat wheat flour (yummy, yummy mistake
B) I drank too much coffee (even after 7, I had a latte. I'm such a bad girl)
C) I consumed too much sugar in general 
D) I had to pop benadryl 

Consuming sugar makes me sleepy. Exceedingly sleepy. So, I drank coffee to offset the sleepy. Wheat makes me feel sick, so I took a half-dose of benadryl to fight the allergic reaction (benadryl makes me sleepy, too. Benadryl also gives me the munchies.) So I drank even more coffee in order to stay awake. 
It was a vicious cycle. Sunday night, sleep was elusive due to the caffeine coursing through my system. After staring at the blackness a few hours, I finally slept.  

I woke up with one of the strangest "hangover" feelings ever. 
I can only describe it as being zombie-fied.
After taking a long nap yesterday afternoon, I felt better. {The nap wasn't intentional. It was one of those sit-still-for-five-minutes-and-fall-asleep-for-three-hours type naps.}

I had forgotten how chemically sensitive I am, and that bread is SO EVIL to my body.
I'll remember henceforth. 

I'm a super-spoilt girl. My dad is amazing, just so you know. Lattés every morning? 
AH.MAZ.ING. 

~~~~~~
I saw a semi-funny quote today.

"BLOG: show the whole world why no one listens to you." 

ha. ha. ha. 
Not. very. funny. 

People listen to me. Really. All of the time. Asking for my advice and stuff. "Kenzie, should I invest in _fillintheblank_?" "Makenzie, does this dress work with my hair?"


I'm serious. Stop looking so skeptical. 
Well, at least, you're listening to me, right?
Right? 
Right, guys? 
...hello? 

Well, though that wasn't a very humorous quote (unless you're me), this picture is nice: 

The length of this post should more than make up for the brevity of past posts. 

2 comments:

  1. Question. At the stop sign, did your dad do one of his infamous 'seatbelt checks'? If so, that could explain the toppling of the chili. And yes, most men heartily enjoy a good tree pushing over session. It's in our blood I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, crazily enough, Dad stopped gently, so it was even MORE like a freak accident!
    Why? Why is the urge to push things over in your blood? Hmm, I guess it's the same thing sort of thing that's in girls blood that makes us call things "cute"...

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...