Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Updated: This about sums me up

(Blogger was being a goober yesterday, as I thought I could schedule a post and not write anything today...but it didn't work out. So, I've updated today's post) 


I've taken the ORA personality test about four times over the past two years. My results have always been VERY similar, if not the same. I figure that the fourth time should be the charm for me. 


The test decided that I was extroverted. I've always considered myself a very social introvert. Well, when it comes to my emotions, I'm an introvert. A MAJOR introvert. But I guess I seem extroverted-ish, in the fact that I talk to other humans. 
It also decided that I was intuitive, thinking and organizing. Whatever that means.


I've been stuck in a box by the man. 


Here's what the profilers have to say about me. 





At first, I thought it sounded great. But then I analyzed it, and my personality is riddled with flaws. 


Boring, I know, so I've inserted a few of my comments on their diagnosis:


ENTZs are competitive, ambitious, commanding, and organized. (yes to competitive; I'm not THAT commanding and bossy, I promise. Organized? Sorta-kinda-in-a-frog-like way, more so than most people.) 
 You have an inquisitive and adventurous spirit. (so true, so very true. I want to know and try everything...if I did not, I would not have found my favorite food, sushi)


You do not like to be confined by strict rules or limitations on your freedom. (word. I hate being oppressed. When I am being oppressed, I call out for help. An autonomous collective is much more to my liking than a dictatorship. I'm against the system and I have a fondness for monty python.)


 As an ENTZ you pride yourself on being able to meet challenges by planning out activities in advance. Because of your gift for forethought, you always have a backup plan. (I laugh openly at this. I don't always have a plan...but I do think ahead, and I'm ALWAYS over-prepared and over-packed.)

You bring strategic leadership to a group or team: you make plans, set them in motion, and motivate your friends, family, teammates, and colleagues to help you accomplish the goal. Although you like group work, you don't like being responsible for making sure that people follow through on their commitments.  (ha! I am a dedicated list-maker. If I can, I try to motivate people, and I do hate being a nag.) 

You tend to become frustrated with people who are less motivated than you or who fail to accomplish what they say they will. 
(I think everyone is, really. People who don't follow through? People who are dead weight/spoilsports? Lammee. I've been there though, so I shouldn't judge...) 


You believe that power is earned through superior leadership and competence.  (Hold up, I'm one of those people? Well, actually yes. If you're worthy of respect and good at your job, you should be leader. But isn't that what everyone thinks? What am I really learning about myself here?


Consequently, you dislike working on mundane or simple tasks and take pride in being ahead of everyone else in all you do. (I see where they were going with that last statement...I'm power-hungry. I want to be the competent person. Mhm. I have no time for "little people" and their mundane tasks. For sure. [sarcasm]) 

You naturally find innovative ways to improve processes and outcomes. (I do?) You are a driven, daring, and competitive learner, who enjoys determining how new concepts fit into an existing theory. (awesome! A daring learner, huh? I wonder what that looks like: "I shall study my textbook --ON A CLIFF EDGE!" If so, this is true.) 


You enthusiastically pursue new ideas and dreams. (I love starting projects, yes! I'm a dream chaser. The dream about finding bouncy cotton candy clouds? That dream is SO coming true.)


  You are at your best when thinking out loud. (No. I am at my dumbest when I think aloud. Case and point, this blog is me typing out loud, off of the top of my head. Is this really me at my best?) 

ENTZs are most often found in career fields where work emphasizes strategy and business enterprise. As an ENTZ you will be most satisfied and productive when you are involved in projects and tasks that emphasize innovation and planning. You are most interested in jobs that allow you to influence others and advance in your career. (Influence people? That is my niche. I'm all about influencing others to do my bidding. [again, sarcasm]) 



I don't mind having such a personality at all.
But it's EMBARRASSINGLY true that I'm competently competitive. I like to always be a step ahead of the game.

 (I aced the test. Some people say that there is no good score for the test. I say there is, and I have hit it. Everyone wants my personality, I'm sure...*cough*you see my "personality" coming out?*cough*)


 Really, though, as I examine how I interact with others/life, the summation of me is mostly true.  They didn't mention the fact that I have a hard time saying no, that I struggle with procrastination, or that I'm laid back and a pushover up to a point. But it's not a know-all test. It just gave me a general idea as to how I tick.

Now to just figure out what I want to major in/make my career. 
That's the arduous part. 


I'm glad I've got God to guide me. 

Like this little girl, I'm going to need a job before I can even think about marriage. 




...even if he says, "I won't come back for you", I'll say, "Fine! This is my life."


The cuteness of this video is overwhelming. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...