Thursday, March 24, 2011

Serious Rambling

Since I said I would, (and I'm a girl of my word) to commemorate my blog's belated anniversary, I'm going to do a top ten of the things running through my mind.

...you may not want to read this. I warn you that it may not make coherent sense.

You've been warned.

WHAT'S ON MY MIND:


10) The beauty of the weather. The wonderful thunderstorm last night that gave me sweet sleep, and a clean, fresh, birds-are-singing-the-sun-is-shining, zip-e-dah-doo-dah type morning.

9) The sun. I am thankful for the warm, enveloping sun. Yesterday, I just soaked it in-- not for the purpose of tanning or anything like that (HA! Me tan? It's possible, though not probable), but just because my skin cells were in need of some perking up. As a result, I am covered in freckles. COVERED. (Freckles are a sign of, um, humility. They say "hey I can tan, but I don't want to make you pale people feel bad, so I'll just tan part of my body.") And my hair is now a lighter shade of copper/amber.

8) How great summer naps can be. Yesterday's weather (I need to move on and stop with talking about the weather, but hear me out) was like a perfect summer day, with a high in the mid 80's. I stretched out in the sun, closed my eyes, and had a lovely 15-minute nap, during which I had a dream.
I dreamt that I had blue eyes. Silly? Yes. But my blue eyes were special in that they increased the spectrum of colors I could see. As a result, everything I looked at was intensely beautiful. It was like I had been blind before, compared to how well I could now see. I was very glad, joyful even, because I would love to have blue eyes, and duh, amazing vision was a plus.
...but then I woke up, and my eyes were the same greenish-brown, and everything was normal. Ah well.

7) My love of antiques. It's an odd thing that out of all of my sisters (who don't have such allergies as I do), I, the one with allergies to dust and dust mites and old things, am a lover of antiques. But it's true. I love looking at antique stores, and I have a nice collection of old quirky things. Yesterday, I was given this:
The Beatles: They're here again, and what a ruckus!
An old life magazine from 1964! It's like a time machine. I love it. Maybe I'll post some "historic" articles (or at any rate, intriguing pictures), like I did with my 1960 seventeen magazine (you can see that post here if you are so inclined)
ANDDD IT FEATURES THE BEATLES! I would have been one of those fangirls, I'm sure. I *heart* the beatles.

Okay, so, this list is much too long already. I'll zoom through these other points.

6) Acing my physics midterm. Yay!

5) I mispronounce words all of the time.
I'm like the person in this XCKD comic:


 4) The stupidity of some "classic literature". I finished reading 1984. It was written well, that I will say. The content was not fabulous, though it did give an anomalous commentary on humanity. This novel depressed me.

3) So, there's a convention I've been reading up on. It even has a fancy name: Anisotropic Sychrony Convention. Yay big words!
But really, all it's stating is that it isn't possible to know the one-way speed of light from its origin. Of course we can know the round trip speed, but it's shouldn't be assumed that light travels the same speed in all directions...
I'd really go into it, but um, this post is getting long enough as it is. If you want to read up on it, you can see the article I found -> HERE

2) My half-marathon is in two weeks!! Nuff said.

1) How great God is, and how much I am blessed.
He has a plan designed just for me, and He's sticking it out with me, (even when I'm an idiot who thinks I can do things in my "own toothpick strength" when I have Him right there with His infinite power.)
I have access to Him, the creator of everything, any time. I don't always grasp the amazingness of that ability. To top it off, He loves me! {warm fuzzy feelings}

He loves you too, so, go and be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...