Sunday, March 06, 2011

because I'm awake.

You know when you've been riding in the car, and the rhythms of the road begin to lull you into an utterly sleepy stupor?

Ah, yes.

Well, that happened to me tonight as we drove the three hours back from my Aunt and Uncle's house.
So peaceful.
The vibrations and noises of the road combined with the darkness and my sleepiness totally turned me into a hibernating Kenzie.

But then, we stopped, the hum of the engine left, and doors were noisily opened. I fumbled, squinted at the overhead lights, collected what luggage I could, and lugged it into the house (that MUST be how luggage was named). I had to make another trip to the car, since I am such an over-packer.

By then, the magical feeling of sleep had all but disappeared.

I need it back.
Badly.



Since it's taking my brain a few minutes to process the fact that I should be sleeping, I think I should say that I am so blessed to have four very cute boy cousins.
They are utterly charming and adorable.

I love them.

They enjoy dancing, knock-knock jokes, cars, legos, tickle fights, spinning, card games, playing starwars/ninja...oh, and super-heroes.
I like all of these things, so it figures that I have such a fun time with them.
They also say the funniest things.

***
Today I went to an outlet store. They had real post-it notes for a bargin. At most stores, I don't feel justified paying so much money for sticky pieces of paper...here, there was no guilt at all. I'm a happy camper with my purple, orange, and blue post-its.

The mall was visited as well. (I do like to visit the mall. I really do, every few weeks or so. Every time I go, I remember why I dislike it so. Everything is priced retail. Deals are far and few between in mall-world. But then I forget, and I visit it yet again.)
 Even thinking about that money- eating death trap place makes me feel tired.

Aha!
Goal. Accomplished. ...I'm tired.

Goodnight, blog!

3 comments:

  1. Haha I love long car rides, if I was a little shorter I'd sleep all the time! And when I was little(rofl), my parents used to drive me around to see places so I would sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! If I was still toddler-sized, I could totally get away with sleeping in the car-and just get carried in to the house. Alas, my 5'6 frame is NOT easy to carry, :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha don't I know it, I'm now the person who carries sleeping lil'uns xD

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...