Wednesday, March 02, 2011

*insert inspiring quote*

I quite agree with what J.R.R. Tolkien had to say about critics, even though he was referring to an actual published book and not a blog. It still works, at any rate:

"Some who have read it,
or at any rate reviewed it,
      have found it boring, absurd, or contemptible;
and
I have no cause to complain,
              for I have similar opinions of their works, or of the kind of writing that they evidently prefer."

Way to stick it to the man, J.R.R.!






Although, "how it should have ended", had a humorous alternative to how the story could have gone...




...don't worry, Mr. Tolkien, for I really enjoy your books. When I was 11, I was enamored. I still do like to re-read them, if ever there's a long car trip.
They really do well to accent my inner nerd. (and teach me how to balance things on my head...)

Yes, the glasses appear magically.
Also, I love my sing-a-ma-jigs.
(They're those funny-looking blue creatures on the top shelf.)
Also, if you'll look to the right, you'll see my elmo barbie...
I'm going to stop now. You don't need a tour of my bookshelf. 

1 comment:

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...