Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A new Vocabulary of non-english words

I think I shall start to incorporate more foreign words into my everyday language...I can be more expressive.



Words That Don’t Exist in the English Language

Cualacino: (Italian) The mark left on a table by a cold glass.
Sgriob: (Gaelic) The itchiness that overcomes the upper lip just before taking a sip of whisky (Ummm, but I won't be needing that one)
L’esprit de escalier: (French) The feeling you get after leaving a conversation, when you think of all the things you should have said. Translated it means “the spirit of the staircase.”
Pari-pari and Saku-saku: (Japanese) Hard-crispy verses Soft-crispy, i.e. a rice cracker versus fried chicken
Stam: (Hebrew) An agreement out of amusement and frustration that something doesn’t have a satisfactory answer among those talking.
Forelsket: (Norwegian) The euphoria you experience when you are first falling in love.
Pena ajena: (Mexican Spanish) The embarrassment you feel watching someone else’s humiliation.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha I love this! And your music thing is beast, great music choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you David!
    And double thanks!
    I think these words will prove to be useful, don't you? ;)

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...