Monday, February 28, 2011

night owl??

Hey blog.

I'm totally a morning person now.
Totally. 


Despite the fact that I am like a little kid when it comes to going to sleep,

(I get distracted/find things to do that are more fun than sleeping. For example, I might find a new song to master on the guitar, and I never want to stop playing, I'll be reading something and lose track of time, or maybe I'll give in to some perfectionistic tendencies by over-organizing things.)

I woke up this morning at 6.

Did you read that? Me, the night owl, up at SIX AM.

And I wasn't a zombie.

...be proud of me.

Okay, okay, it's not really of my own accord. I'm like Pavlov's dog (I'm sure you know about him, right? If you don't, here's the link).

So basically, I wake up to a certain noise. I JUMP out of bed for this noise.

What is the magical noise?





The Burr Grinder. Oh yes. 




The burr grinder grinds coffee beans into espresso powder, which makes for some amazing cappuccino.
I've already blogged about it {right here, if you really want to know}; it's a win-win for me and my parents.
They get me up at 6ish, and I get good coffee.

SO, I bounded out of bed at 6. I slurped the hot drink made by my loving father, and started cracking down on some projects.
You know how productive I am in the early morning hours?

Of course you don't.

I was able to get quite a bit of stuff done.
I thought I was NOT a morning person, but I'm starting to think I'm an early morning AND A late night person. It doesn't help my sleep schedule in the least. I'm just not a middle-of-the-day person. Not really.

I'm babysitting a little girl this morning, and I am so looking forward to it. She's a total princess (she truly believes it), so we are going to do happy princess-y activities. Like having a tea party and playing barbies.

Speaking of, she should be here any minute.


But before I go, let me tell you what was crazy. I've had my itunes on shuffle the past few days. Weird songs pop up from my music library. Two songs were so closely related, I was pretty sure my itunes was playing a prank.

So, "Irreplaceable" by Beyoncé came on [yes, sadly, I do have that song in my library...but really it's the best scorned woman song ever.]

and then "I Ain't Missing You" by John Waite came on next. [Totally an 80's song. No comment on why I have it in my library. I didn't even know about it until I heard it the other day.]

Does my shuffle function have a sense of humor?

2 comments:

  1. Did you get your ipod back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. not yet...I hope that someone at least ups their musical taste as a result of stealing it. :)

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...