Thursday, May 26, 2011

what makes mornings great.

I woke up much too early this morning.
I'm not much of a morning person.
I have to have time to wake up before I can properly interact with people.
Okay, I can be a morning person. Lately I've been choosing to be a night-owl, which makes me a monster/zombie in the mornings.
I'm not Hannah Montana, so I sadly can't get the best of both worlds.

Do you know what makes mornings better?
COFFEE.
It does! It works wonders. It's liquid sunshine, I tell ya.

Do you know what else makes it better?
Quiet time.
Quiet time with God makes my mornings.
Why?
I get solid truth.
God affirms me, completes me, and gives me the ability to love others.
Human me is not good at loving other people. It's pathetic, really.

But in Him, I can love.

The human Kenzie gets bogged down in the details of day-to-day living. With God, I can remember that the tangible world is exceedingly temporal, and the unseen things are what's important.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles achieve for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.  ~2Corinthians 4:16-18 

The idea of service and servant-hearted-ness is tough. Every Christian is called to serve God, which seems relatively simple compared to the thought that we are also called to serve one another. 

Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly. Whoever sows generously will also reap generously....
This service you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. ~ 2 Corinthians 9:6, 12
It's awesomeness.
Also, singing in the car makes my morning better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...