Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Another Embarrassing/Humorous Anecdote.

A post for today (I can do this. I will keep my self-challenge):

A fact about me:

  • I love singing though I am not a fan of singing in front of people
I'm terribly self-conscious about it. True story.
Today, while I was driving, I lost my sense of self-awareness, and I started belting out a tune. I mean, some songs have got to be SUNG. You feel me?

(My rationale for this loss of awareness is that I feel insulated from the world in a car. ...even if the windows so happen to be rolled down.)

SO, I came to a red light with my tunes turned up.
It was a really long light cycle. I kept on singing. I was in 'the zone'.
As I sat there waiting forever for the green light, the song ended.
I happened to glance around and then, I felt embarrassed.
 A person in the car next to me had been watching my performance. They were chuckling.
I sheepishly looked at them and grinned.
They waved.
I was overcome by shyness, but I gave them a wave ...and turned down the tunes.
Magically, the light changed. I drove on.

At least I provided amusement for someone today.

(CLIFFHANGER: today was supercalifragilistically awesome. Maybe some post later you'll find out why...maybe)

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...