Friday, May 06, 2011

of movies and annoying other people

When Shrek first came out, I was an immediate fan.
I memorized the whole movie.

Shrek was one of those movies I could watch over and over and over without getting bored.
The fact that I could watch it over and over may have had to do with the fact that I was 8 when the movie came out, and 8 year olds are the masters of repetition.
Case in point, I was good at singing "the song that never ends"
annnnd the worm poem:
"Worms? I hate worms! 
They drive me Crazy!! 
Crazy?
 I was crazy once. 
They locked me up in a padded room and gave me nothing to eat but WORMS. 
Worms? 
I hate worms! 
They drive me Crazy. 
Crazy?
 I was crazy once..."
and so on and so forth. I'd say it until everyone told me to sit in my padded room. Juuuust kidding, you guys.

Anyways, back to the story, my friend and I would pop in the Shrek DVD, put it on mute, and quote the lines verbatim. 
Yes, I was that nerdy. But it was great fun. 
When I watch my favorite movies, especially with friends, I quote them.

Sooo, if you're one of those people who must watch movies without any commentary, I'm sorry.
Even with movies I've never seen, I'm apt to point out the plot holes and make remarks.
But I try to be sensitive to the people around me.
I don't yell at the screen. I'm not quite *that* bad, though I might whisper a snarky comment or two to the person beside me.

What fun is a movie if you can't make fun of it?
And that is my post for today. 

Fairy tales have always been my favorite kind of story--especially witty fairy tales. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...