Monday, January 31, 2011

b-rate flicks

Yuck, I'm still sick.

Being sick is boring. My mind is mush. To entertain myself, I've been watching Mystery Science Theater 3000.
MST3K is my special treat when I feel ill.
For some reason, it's not as funny when I'm feeling 100%.

Last year, when I had the swine flu, MST3K was the best medicine. (After tylenol and nyquil, that is)

Watching B-rate movies with clever commentary? How can you go wrong?


I watched such thrillers as "Werewolf", "Zombie Nightmare", "The Girl in Lover's Lane", "The Crawling Eye", and oh so many more. Laughter is inevitable. After all, laughter is called the best medicine...






Also, I found a new blog to follow.  It's a how-to on writing badly well. As a would-be writer (wink-wink), I found inspiration in his words.

To sum-up, his blog is entertaining.
Here's one of his latest posts:



Act as if you, as the author, have no inside information

(with thanks to M.H. Forsyth)
Why Thomas opened that door, we may never know. It could have been something he did instinctively, some remnant of an ancient primal urge. It could have been an impulse from the depths of his brain, a half-remembered childhood memory tugging gently at his conscious mind. It could have been something he had been planning for weeks, knowing long before now that he would open the mysterious door at the first available opportunity. It could be that he was not human at all, with none of the caution and instinct for self-preservation humanity brought, but a sophisticated android with a pre-programmed agenda for door-opening. There really is no way of knowing without some kind of detailed neural scan.
Maybe his name wasn’t even Thomas. After all, guessing someone’s name based on their appearance is often a matter of pure chance. Suffice it to say, there was a human, or humanoid figure of some sort, opening (or appearing to open – such tricks of perception are possible) something that looked very much like a door, but don’t hold me to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...