Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A New Arrival on My Shelf

I've recently acquired, through happenstance, a book, Never Let It End by Ruth Bell Graham. I've enjoyed flipping through the pages and getting a glimpse into her life.

While some will think it mushy, I LOVED this poem, and felt that it was worth re-posting, just for the utter sweetness of its message:

"Dear God, I prayed, all unafraid 
(as we're inclined to do),
I do not need a handsome man
but let him be like You;
I do not need one big and strong
nor yet so very tall,
nor need he be some genius,
or wealthy, Lord, at all;
but let his head be high, dear God, 
and let his eye be clear,
his shoulders straight, what'er his state,
what'er his earthly sphere;
and let his face have character,
a ruggedness of soul,
and let his whole life show, dear God,
a singleness of goal;
then when he comes
(as he will come)
with quiet eyes aglow,
I'll understand that he's the man
I prayed for long ago."
Isn't that sweet? It's SO encouraging to see that God blesses those who wait patiently on Him, whatever the circumstance may be (I'm not looking for my man for a long while yet, just so you know).  He knows and grants the desires of His children's hearts. How marvelous to meditate on.


 "Trust in the LORD and do good;
   dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
 Take delight in the LORD,
   and He will give you the desires of your heart.
  Commit your way to the LORD;
   trust in Him and He will do this:
He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
   your vindication like the noonday sun."
-Psalm 37:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...