Thursday, January 13, 2011

Da na na na na MATHMAN!!!

I'm wired in such a way that standardized tests and I get along very well.
Maybe it's a personality thing. Or maybe it's my learning style. Either way, I'm always pleasantly surprised when I get my results.

On my tests, there is one area that I don't do as well on:

Math. 

Yuck.

{Want to know a secret? Math people intimidate me. I'm amazed by them. They're like a different species...}

 My brain is bent towards literary things.
Give me a book? A poem? I'm golden.
Tell me to do some sort of math? I'm like molasses. I made it through pre-calc, and I have a feeling calculus is coming...

Save me, Math-Man!

(...if only there was such a superhero. He could use his brain power to transfer math knowledge into my cranium)

I DID learn how to extract square roots without the aid of a calculator this week. *cough*I was reminded how to do them*cough, cough* After mastering it, I felt a mixture of triumph and stupidity. After all, it was in my younger sister's math book.
But now, if someone says, "Extract the square root of 1764.", I can easily say that the square root is 42, without using a calculator!

Although I have an obvious distaste for math, I have been trained to use proper grammar. I usually do. I'm by no means the know-all, so don't start picking me apart, please.

...logs and specks and all that. (you know, Matthew 7)

My brain is analytical, and sensitive to mistakes. (Mistakes of a grammatical nature, that is.)

Are you like this too? Am I alone?

I'm ESPECIALLY sensitive when the mistake is something along the lines of misusing your/you're, to/too, it's/its, their/there/they're, or another word combo that should have (note that I did not say should of) been learned in elementary school.

I think there must be a special "interwebs grammar code", of which I am unaware.

I wish someone had let me in on the joke.

 And yes, grammar-honks, I know this blog is rife with error. It helps to keep me humble.

(I don't mind you telling me if I have made an error, so long as you're nice about it...and throw in some compliments... I won't be offended, I promise. I'd actually appreciate it. I love compliments)

If there is indeed a different grammar code for the internet, would someone please let me know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...