Thursday, January 20, 2011

Training Thursday...

So, as you might have heard, I'm training for a half-marathon.
I have a training notebook, schedule, and lots of reference guides.  It makes me legit, of course.

Though there's a bone to pick. The name of the event makes me feel like it's no big whoop.


Half-marathon? I mean really, it's only half of a regular marathon.

Psh, what wimp only goes halfway? It should be a piece of cake...

...then my common sense kicks in.

13.1 miles.


23,056 yards.




69,168 feet.


830,016 inches. 

Not too shabby if you ask me. Not shabby at all for a relative newbie.

They should rename it to something more...awesome sounding.

 Like "The 21.08 Killer K".
Sigh.

So, I'm sticking to my schedule, and we shall see how it goes.


...
As I've been going through life, I'm realizing that I'm cursed/blessed with an introverted personality.
One of my major flaws is the fact that I can think of things to say when I'm typing or with close friends and family, but it doesn't really translate when I interact with other humans. (When I mean things to say, I'm not talking about social niceties. I've got that down-pat.)
I have to be comfortable in order to open up. There's always the rare case where I meet someone and we "click".

It's terrible. I wish wit could always just roll off of my tongue.

I began to ponder my predicament. I thought about such characters that were classified as witty. Such characters as Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice.

Then I realized that she, like other fictional characters, is just that: a work of fiction, totally derived from someone's imagination. She is under the same curse as I.

Sigh

{It's a sigh kind of post, and I apologize. Next post will be peppier, I promise.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...