Friday, January 07, 2011

new ocurrences

This is almost becoming habitual.
A post every day
...keeps the...
the...
urge to write long letters away?
brain from overloading, they say?
public informed of what is my way?

Ehh, whatever. I feel like posting, so I will. Who knows? maybe this will be one resolution I can keep.

So much has happened since yesterday morning. It sounds silly, but it's true. Just like in the show 24, a lot can happen in 24 hours. (although nothing quite so epic as 24)

To start my list of recent exploits, I'll attempt to redeem myself from the previous post's show of wimpdom by saying that I DID run yesterday. To further prove my ability, my mom and I signed up for a 1/2 marathon in Charlottesville. They call it the "Bad To The Bone" run.

I've got 15 weeks to train, and I apologize in advance for my future posts about running technique, gear, etc.

That was big news for me. I've never run in an "official" race before.




...unless you count running to the fridge for the last klondike bar, or proving that you're faster than your sister by sprinting until you leave her in the dust.


Another event that has happened is the start of Physics 2.
I took Physics 1 last year, and I thought the subject was one of the worst subjects known to man.
Physics 2 is SO MUCH BETTER. I have a different teacher, and he is heads above my former professor.

They might make an Einstein or Newton of me yet. If you know me, you should look skeptical about now...


 AND overnight, I became an old person.


18, people. 18. 

It's a bit of a big age to be. I'm in denial. I'm putting my birthday on hiatus for a day. Saturday is when we celebrate with the family. Weekends are better, anyways.

Though I am older, I feel no different. I still have the same tasks to carry out, one of them being the orthodontist appointment I will be late for if I don't get a move on.

In other news, Alejandro the aloe is growing nicely. Isn't it pretty? It's a hi-res pic, so if you click on it, it gets really big and detailed.


*SIGH* I'm always indecisive about bracket band color...

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...