Monday, January 10, 2011

once upon a dream

I woke up early this morning, and boy I was dragging.
I went for a run, or I should say I attempted to run. It was good that the roads were empty, because I was terrible. Running under the influence of exhaustion isn't good for anyone's minutes per mile.  I was disappointed. I couldn't figure out why I was doing so poorly until I got home and sat down. My body took over, and I slept hard.

 I didn't realize that I had been depriving my body of SO much sleep. I got a good night's rest last night, but this past weekend has been so great, I put off sleep. I thought my body could handle it and bounce back. Not so.

I often do this when I'm having fun/there's a big event. I push sleep far, far, away. If I close my eyes, I'll miss something.

My poor nervous system.

I love naps. They're wonderful.
Though today, I had realistic, intense dreams. When I awoke, I had a loose concept of reality. It took me a few minutes to figure out fact and fiction.

I did this before Inception came out, just so you know. *wink*


My favorite princess is Sleeping Beauty....at least right now it is. I played her in a skit, so I feel there is a "connection" there.
Sleeping for 100 years sounds nice. Plus, she had wonderful fairy godmothers. I'd love to have a fairy around...

2 comments:

  1. You should have just slept during "Dragon", it was very a comforting back drop - plus the dragon growls can maybe possibly hide a few snores. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that may have worked...but it was such a good movie, I don't know how ANYONE could have slept through it, eh?

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...