Tuesday, January 04, 2011

For Future Reference

Like every other American, I feel the need to have a new year in order to make a resolute goal.
...I'm not living up to this non-conformist thing, am I?

 For my own purposes, (you can compare notes or go away. This will be boring. I'd pick going away.) I list my main objectives for the year:


...after the following moment of serenity


Okay now. Proceed with the listing. 
I will...
  1.  have more quiet times. I plan on spending more time with God, and less time on useless games...yes, I'm looking at you Mafia Wars, Farmville, etc. No more! 
  2.  increase my physical ability. Granted, I am young, but there is no time like the present to get in great shape. I'd like to be able to run a marathon distance by the end of the year with good time. ("heh, as if." says the cynic within) At least I'll up my stamina.  
  3.  hike the Appalachian trail...at some point...I'll do more hiking at least. More time outside, less time indoors. 
  4. take more pictures and fine tune my photography skills
  5. master Physics, and absorb knowledge like a sponge. I will be a good student and I will study hard. Coefficients of friction? No problem! I'll keep telling myself this. A lie, repeated enough, becomes truth.
  6. be organized. I have my own form of so-called organization (I'm a discouraged perfectionist, okay? Try to understand), but this year I am going to become better at seriously getting things in order. Really. I'm going to be a better steward of my time/money/life. 
  7. count my blessings more often. I will be satisfied with what I've been given.  This is going to be hard. 
  8. be an adult. Friday is my birthday, and it makes me sad. My Childhood (yes, it needs capitalization. It was that good) is pretty much over. But that's not really a goal.
I cannot know the future, but if it is God's will, it will be done. All of these "goals" are good, but I give them to God for approval. They certainly are ambitious. Sometimes I shock myself.
 I'm not writing anything SUPER specific, but this is my outline. The list could be longer, I have many improvements to make, but I shall start with this framework and see where it takes me.


 I know I am going to laugh more and blog more.
Also, I'll invest in an air horn:


No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...