Thursday, January 06, 2011

The Cold SHALL Deter Her

I'm eating crow. Yuck.


After pumping myself up yesterday, I was deterred from my run. There were a few contributing factors:

  • Daddy said it was much too cold.
  • My brain and body told me it was much too cold. 
  • I was sore from running the day before. 
Yes, I'm a wimp. I admit it. 

Last night I did get some activity by giving piggy-back rides and running around with little kids. But that doesn't really count for exercise. 

Though I was disappointed in my lack of perseverance, there was a ray of happiness in my day. 

Lately, I've been feeling grumbly and not ready to face the reality of school, work, and life.

So, we haven't had "real" kids club in about 2 weeks, and I haven't seen most of the kids since then. When I arrived at the pick-up point, I heard the kids shout "There's Miss Makenzie!!!" they rushed and gave me a big hug all at once. At least 10 of them swarmed to show affection. 

It was a happy reunion. 
My heart was so warmed, and I was thankful God had blessed our church with these kiddos. 

Also, I got another drawing to post on my bulletin board! 

I'm becoming like a grandma, I know. 

The little person is Benjamin
So cute that he tried to write my nearly un-spell-able name! 

Okay, I will get some sort of workout in today. I'm not going to obsess about it, but I do want to lead a full and happy life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...