Monday, January 03, 2011

So long, 2010

Dear 2010,

Wow, what a year you have been. I have gained so much. (Whaat?!??) ...No, I'm not referring to the scale in the bathroom, but instead I refer to the lessons I have acquired.

I've realized that some things in life must be experienced in order to be fully understood.

{Disclaimer: This doesn't count for all lessons (thankfully), but there are a few cases where this holds true.}

For instance, the loss a loved one is hard to understand until you experience it.
It's a tumult of emotion.
It's a paradox of rejoicing for the departed (if they know the Way),  yet mourning at great loss.

It's knowing they are in a better place, and fighting the selfish streak that wants them back on earth.

I never had experienced this until you, 2010, when I was allowed a first-hand look at death.

Something that must be experienced firsthand is God's love and forgiveness. Do you know what a feeling it is? It is euphoric, wonderful, and like nothing else. I feel it daily, and it is good stuff.


I've seen that when the going gets tough, God shows up in a big way. When hard times come, dear friends rally and show they care. My family supports me with love.

God is good, always. He loves me, always.
He has a plan for me and He provides.
Always.


I feel that this year, my spiritual knowledge has increased.
As I learn more, I grow.
As I grow, I slowly mature.

I'm a long way off from spiritual maturity, but I've seen progress, and it makes me glad.

Another big lesson for me: my discomfort with public speaking has decreased dramatically.
The utter fear of leading a big group in song has been removed.
I used to quiver at the thought of speaking to a large group.

 All I can say is that it was God's doing. He's been working on me.
Now I really love getting up and being a goofball on a stage.

I've also seen how much work there is to be done in my life. The greatest room in the world is room for improvement.

In the past year, I've lost most of my personal space bubble as I've worked with sweet kids from nearby apartment complexes (I've blogged about them here and here). Any reserved facade I put up has been decimated by these cuties. They love to get up-close-in-your-face.

I'm glad for it. I'm not a fan of priggish standoffishness.


2010: I've gained friends, continued friendships, completed tasks that seemed insurmountable, seen God work, shared His love, and as a result I've learned countless lessons.

2010, you've been an invaluable year for me. I'm so looking forward to your sucessor.

2011 is filled with hope and great expectation.

Thanks for such a good year 2010.

Sincerely,

Kenzie

1 comment:

  1. good stuff Kenzie. I just started my own blog/journal. I'd like some followers :) I'm looking forward to 2011 as well.

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...