Sunday, January 30, 2011

sickness = OCD

I am sick. It's great that I can blog my complaints for all to read. I'm sure everyone just loves reading about things of that nature, right?
I'll try not to be too whiny, ok?


Web MD's symptom-checker does a great job of making me feel better.
It basically told me that I was on the verge of death.
(Web MD turns me into a hypochondriac.)

I think it's just a little bit of the flu, or a horrendous cold.

It's been an odd, off-again, on-again type of virus this past week.
It hit me hard last night. Generic robotussin saved the day night!!...I'm glad for modern medicine.

I had a medicine hangover this morning when I woke up.

Oy.

I dragged myself out of bed to try to get ready for church. I thought maybe this cold could be taken care of by some heavy medication or something. I was on auto-pilot.

Mom and Dad were like, "Nope. You don't need to be sharing germs, and you need lots of rest, you poor thing."
I have great parents.

So I went back to my room.
I attempted to rest. Drowsyness started to creep up on me.
But then, I became my own worst enemy.
As I gazed blearily around my room, little details started to pop out. They irked me.  I tried to dismiss them, but I couldn't.

That's one of the flags that I really must not be feeling so great: messed-up details and untidiness bothers me. I'm normally organized and tidy-ish, but not a freak about it. When I'm sick, obsessive compulsion pops out.

My room was a mess from this weekend.

I'm a girl, so when I get ready to go somewhere that requires dressing up, I pull out all the stops. I mean, I find lots of potential outfits, jewelry, shoes, makeup...and I strew them about the room. It must just be an ingrained girl-thing.
My sense of organization flies out the window.

Yesterday, there was a wedding. A beautiful wedding that I'll write about when I'm not feeling so crummy. I almost cried at how sweet it was. I met some lovely, fun people and had a great time.

As you know, weddings are events that require dressing up. Therefore, I turned my room into a giant closet.
I need to get better about such things, I know. My excuse is that I was helping my sisters get ready, too...

Anyways, I was in my room, thinking about resting, but the mess just bothered me.
I could not even consider the idea of sleep until I had restored a semblance of order.
So I gave in and cleaned and vacuumed, shuffling about in my purple fuzzy bathrobe, wondering why I was such a nutcase. I was a sight to see, I'm sure.

It's pitiful, but I feel contentment and peace now as I sit on my bed and see neatness and order about me in this happy green room.

I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with me being so tidy.
I don't really care.

Because, at long last, I'm going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...