Tuesday, January 18, 2011

there is no limit to stupidity...

I wrote this last week...but I chose not to post it. I changed my mind.


I feel like a total moron. 

I think I should put that out there.

I've paid a good amount to learn a simple lesson. I guess with the amount I've paid, it's a big lesson.

I'm struggling. Part of me wants to cry that it's not fair. The other part realizes that it's my own fault for getting into such a pickle.
 I can't imagine who would have the nerve to do such a thing, but maybe it's all in God's plan. I know He works all things for my good, though He lets me experience the consequences of my actions.
 I'll admit to how great my goof was. It's hard to say that I was irresponsible and careless; here we go.

On Sunday, after church, I went out with a group to eat. We went back to the church to hang out.
 I, ever the eager game player, violated one of the MOST IMPORTANT WOMAN RULES.

Wedged in between "how to walk in high-heels", and "how to be a hostess" is this very important law: 

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER let your purse out of sight. 

(there might not be enough "never"'s...)

This holds true especially if the purse contains valuables, as mine did. I left it by the coat rack at church, thinking it would be safe. Actually, I didn't really think at all.

Can you see where I'm going with this?

Yes, I was robbed.
Quite a bit of cash was taken. I'll just say that it was a substantial blow. I mean, my birthday has recently happened, and money from a few odd jobs was in there.
My birthday gift cards have been spirited away, too.
My ipod is nowhere to be found.

After church on Sunday night, I set my purse on a hook and didn't mess with it until today.
It took me a few days to realize anything was missing, thus emphasizing my stupidity. We had an ice storm on Monday, and everything was still closed Tuesday...
I haven't needed money, and I only use my ipod on long trips.  Why it was in my purse Sunday, I don't know. But it was. And now it's gone.

At first, I considered the possibility of robbery as highly unlikely. The facts were blatant.
I'm absent-minded at times. Everyone who knows me, knows this. I've searched through my house with a fine-tooth comb...just to be sure.

I pray that whoever took my stuff really did need it, and that God will work and show himself through this whole circumstance.  He will be glorified. 

You never know what can happen...

All of the things that were taken were His, anyways. He's blessed me with them for a season, and now, maybe it's someone else's turn to be blessed.

For me to get upset over impermanent things is stupid. I'm not upset about that as much as I'm upset at my lack of good stewardship.

I can keep calling myself "moron", and bemoaning my "losses", but that won't help anything. I haven't lost anything truly important. Stuff is stuff. It's not going to last.

So, my game plan is to take this expensive nugget of knowledge and keep it close. I'll glean as much as I can from the experience. At the least, I've been humbled.

God has already blessed me immensely, and I have SO MUCH to be thankful for. He's got me, and I know that He is in control.


And here's a crazy-cool hi res butterfly in its natural habitat.





No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...