Friday, September 30, 2011

YOU challenge

The current blogging trend: the ten day you challenge. (The you must be in italics. Because it is all about me, people! ...juuuust kidding. Sometimes designs make me wonder...) 
Due to my lack of ingenuity, I am going to try this out. Because blogging is therapeutic. Also because I want blogging to become a habit again.

So, here's the deal:
Ten secrets
Nine loves
Eight fears
Seven wants
Six places
Five foods
Four books
Three films
Two songs
one picture
      of yourself

Now I am sure I can follow this outline. ...or maybe not.
I am such a literalist...but I think I might be able to infer what they mean from this.
Oh, we will see.
It will start later, maybe today, maybe tomorrow. There was nothing in the "rules" about it being ten consecutive days.

I had thought I had posted a post a few days ago, but I am glad to see that I haven't. That post was full of whining about things I can't change.

Also, have you ever felt just, so overwhelmed?
I do, though I don't like admitting it.
I think when I do feel overwhelmed, that it's a reminder that I need to take a step back and a chill-pill. It's a reminder that I am not in control, nor do I need to be.

Because I really like being in control, following a nice little agenda of my own creation. I'm all, "Look at me, I've got this!"
When I do that, God is like, "Girl, you'd better be relying on me. You have not got it. Nor do you want it."
And then I realize He is right (He always is)
It is so much better to just let go of the things I let myself stress out over. It is better to cling to my Rock than to get swept up in the tide of busyness and TTMBDOETWWE (things that must be done or else the world will end), an acronym that should never be used, because
A) it is dumb, long and hard to remember
and
B) because God is in control
and
C) the sun still rises every day, regardless of what I do.
So, I was told that I should make a list of priorities, pray about it, do things to the best of my ability, and remember who God is.

Good plan.


Do you have any challenges for me, readers? I'd looove to hear them! Comment away!

1 comment:

  1. hehe, it isn't so wise to leave an open-ended challenge. Your in for a surprise!

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...