Thursday, September 08, 2011

a proposal of marriage?

Why are there creepers in the world?
Ok, I was in the grocery store.  
THE GROCERY STORE, did you catch that?

A guy walks by me.
He's maybe late 20's, african-american, pushing a buggy with a toddler in it.
He didn't give off a creepy vibe at the moment.
His kid was cute.
But then, guess what he does?

He looks me up and down.
He says, "Dang girl, you're fine!"
I ignore him, hoping that that will be enough for him to let me shop in peace.
I become intensely interested in the cheese section.

He stops in front of me.
Then he asks me if I'm married. Like, he is blocking my way (It was a small grocery store)

Huh?!? 

Of course, I can't lie, so I, flustered, tell him that, no, I am not married.

Note to self: next time I will say yes. 
I will say, "yes, I am married. I am married to a...a...SUMO WRESTLER! He's a jealous guy, and he's right over there, so you had better back off, buddy!", but I didn't say that.
 
Then he asks my age.

This is a creeper, people.

A creeper.

I want to run away.
Really.
But it's a grocery store, and I have a cart full of groceries to buy.
Important groceries like milk and yogurt and other things I must have to survive.
Things like whipped cream.  

He also has a toddler, remember.
A toddler. 
It may not have been his child, but it wasn't helping his cause.

I just stare at him, baffled.  I'm still processing what is happening.

There's a pause.

"Too young?" he asks me, finally.


Relieved, of course I said yes, I was much too young, and I quickly left the area before he said anything else.

I whipped out my phone to call someone just so he wouldn't try talking to me again.

I guess it's really hard to pick up chicks in this economy, man, I tell you what.

Resorting to the grocery store?

Being so forward as to ask a girl if she's married?
Laame.

Gentlemen, take note. That is not the way to talk to a girl. Nor is it a good way to talk to any human being.  

I just don't understand some people...

...but I do love get fuzzy:

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...