Thursday, September 15, 2011

a short interview

Where to begin with this post?
Honestly, I have no idea.

Fact of life: if you're going to apply for a job, some minute interest is necessary in the nature of your job.

Admittedly, I'm not the girliest of girls, but I like makeup.
I really do.
Everything beauty-oriented fascinates me, because, well, it's typical, right?
I'm totally a typical person.
Well, not really, but that's besides the point.
The point of females being obsessed with beauty and making themselves beautiful.
[I'm not obsessed, promise.]

Today, at work (at the lovely make-up store), a girl called in, wanting to speak to a manager about a possible job opening.
This is how the conversation went (I was filled in)

Manager: Hi, how can I help you today?

Girl: Hi, I was wondering if you were hiring. Are you?

M: Well, we currently don't have any openings, but we will be hiring for the holiday season soon, and I'll begin reviewing applications shortly.

G: Ohh, okay.

M: Well, since you're on the phone, let me go ahead and ask a few preliminary questions. What experience do you have with makeup?

G: I don't use makeup very much.

M: Well, this is a makeup store. Would you be willing to come into work wearing makeup?

G: Um, well, I don't wear makeup. I actually really hate makeup.

M: Well, what kind of register experience do you have?

G: 8 years.

M: Great! Well, we'll see if we have any openings. We'll be in touch...have a great day.


What kind of girl applies to a makeup store and announces to the store manager: "I don't like makeup"?
Lipstick lets you create kiss marks,
for crying out loud!
What kind of girl doesn't like makeup?
(Deep down, every girl likes to be pretty, and therefore, every girl likes makeup. Not that makeup itself makes you pretty, but it does accentuate your best features and give you confidence)
Anywho, that girl is sure to get hired.

Also, 8 years of cashier experience???
That is crazy talk.
I don't mind ringing things up on a register at all, but making that my job for 8 years??
I would go insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...