Saturday, September 24, 2011

Easily startled...APPARENTLY

(Promise, I'll wrap up the story about the taco truck soon. I had a crazy thing happen.)

I shouldn't watch suspense-filled shows.
Especially if I have something in my hand.

Tonight, I watched X-files with my parents.

I'm new to X-files, but we have them on DVD. We're on the first season, and it's funny to laugh at the things that were cool in the early 90's. I found the first few episodes to be cheesy. I liked them though.


I have finally reached the point (or so I thought) where TV doesn't phase me.
I know that it's all pretend.

X-files somehow seems more real-to-life.
This show has somehow tricked me.

Let me preface by saying that this was a creepy episode.
I knew that the suspense would build.

I knew that there was going to be something unexpected.

The plot of this show was that there was a group of physicists drilling ice in Alaska and learning about the Earth's previous climates.
...After a year of drilling, they died.
They died from killing one another.
OooooOOOoooo.....

After the FBI and other scientists looked into the deaths, they figured out that in this ice, there was an alien parasite: a gross, squirmy parasite that would get into one's bloodstream and feed on a chemical released by aggression.

Once it got into a person's bloodstream, it would squirm around and make people aggressive to the point of mass murder.
The parasite was easily communicable, too.
Thank goodness that Mulder and Sculley and their team were isolated from the general population.

Someone in their group could have the parasite and kill everyone. They had all been exposed.
The suspense built.

And then, the suspense kept building.
I thought, any minute someone is going to pop out, and the suspense will be resolved.
Still, the suspense built.

I now know what I'm afraid of:

not knowing and having to wait to find out.

(this means I'm afraid of Christmas? Don't be silly)


The moment of drama was coming.
THE SUSPENSE STILL BUILT.
Finally, there was a mini-resolution.

I was relieved.

That's not so bad! 


....Hey, I'm better about surprises than I used to be!


I was thinking, when,








BAM!!
-- it happened, just as I was getting comfortable with the plot.

I jumped.
I gave out an, "ahh!".
As I jumped, the drink I was holding jumped, too.
It jumped all over my parents.

Not. Good.

Oh. No.

I thought that scared-jump-thing only happened in movies.
I am so embarrassed.
And I thought to blog about it! Isn't that something!
My ego?
NO SUCH THING.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...