Saturday, September 17, 2011

Work in Progress

Ok, so I'm stepping off of one soapbox [makeup] to step right onto another.
I must just be in a passionate mindset right now.

I just had a vision.
I had a vision of what I can do.
What I want to do with my life.

I know I want to make an impact on the world.

I know that a cushy job would not make me happy.

I know that I am happiest when I am actively doing something to help others.

Humanitarian?
Not quite.
It's something bigger.

I know that there are many things in this world that are just wrong.

I want to fix them.

My goal is to fix the world.
Well, not me, all by myself, but to be used by God to make an impact.

I really enjoy fixing things.
Maybe it's delusional of me to say, but when I see a need I know I can help with, I want to help.

I want to make it right, even if it "isn't my problem" (within reason of course. Being all nosey and handy-helper is just sooo annoying. I like people who understand boundaries. Hopefully I am one of those people.)

I have noted a few things about myself, the general population, and life:

  1. People are allergic to many things nowadays, without knowing why. There needs to be more research on allergies. (is it the genetic modification of foods?)
  2. People in general are getting fatter (or eating-disorder-ridden), lazier, unhealthier, and unhappier. 
  3. There's a lot of information on this here interweb, but it's hard to sort through and know who is dependable, and who is a crazy nutjob. (I'm dependable, promise)
  4. Cancer rates are soaring. 
  5. Many mainstream products are full of junk and the companies making them are allowed to get away with it.
  6. Cheap food is almost always bad for you. Poor people can only afford cheap food. This is bad. 
  7. It pretty much seems like the world is falling apart. 
So, I have gotten the drive to be a changer. 
I want to start a revolution. 

I want humanity to be healthy and happy. Am I asking for too much? Maybe.

I can help with the health part by offering good alternatives and information to the mainstream world. Hence my desire to go into biochemistry /food&nutrition /journalism.

As far as the happiness of the world goes? 

The speaker at my church said something convicting this past Sunday. 
He was downtown passing out bits of paper one day. 
These were no ordinary papers. 

The papers had the greatest news ever written on them. 

They told how.
How to have a relationship with the perfect God of the Universe.
How to be right with God. 
How to commune and talk to Him. 
How to be free.
How Jesus paid for every sin we've committed. 
How to experience the greatest forgiveness and love ever. 
How to be clean from evil and guilt. 
How to be utterly accepted and complete. 
How to love others.

I mean, who wouldn't want that? 

Anyways, so a lady came up to him and said, "You can come down here with your papers, but we need real help, not pamphlets."

There's a big opportunity presented in that. 
There are big opportunities everywhere to make an impact, if we can only take the time.

Oh man, as the speaker was relaying that story, I was convicted. 

She was right. The tracts are great and all, but if the reality of those papers aren't lived out, what good are they? 

Personally, I don't want to have to hand out a paper for others to know that an amazing relationship with Christ is real. 
I also don't want the proclamation of the goodness of God to be like a sales pitch that makes people ask, "What's the catch?"

Not that there is anything wrong with pamphlets. It is a tool that works.

I know that my personality just isn't usually receptive to pamphlets. If someone wants to get through to me, it's not by just saying it, or handing me a paper, or even making an emotion-filled plea. 

If someone wanted to make an impact on my life, I would want them to come alongside me personally and build a relationship

I would want the person to live out their life in such a way that I would want the happiness that they had. 

I would want to see for myself that Christianity is not about being brainwashed or judging others or reforming yourself. 
(Why is it that Christians are labeled as being judgmental and unloving? It's terrible that we have that bad rap. We should be the inverse. We have no right to hate anyone. That's another post.)

Anyways, as I was saying, I would watch this proverbial person's peace and contentment. I would see how they loved others. I would see the facts.

Leading by example is pretty much the best way to get through to me. 
True story. 

I want to live my live out in such a way that other people see God and Jesus in me and want Him, too. 
I want the world to wonder, "What is in that Bible she's reading that makes her so fufilled?"
They would read it. Then the world would be happy, too.

This post is a mess. 

I haven't taken the time to organize it properly...maybe I will later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...