Friday, September 02, 2011

Everything coming your way? Get in the right lane, silly!

Yesterday, I was a go-getter and feeling great about everything.


Today? *eye-roll* 
 Well, everything was coming my way.
But not in a, "wow, look at this great stuff!", kind of way.
More like a, "I'm driving on the wrong side of the street" kind of way.
Today was just, rough. I know, I know, not every day is going to be my birthday. Nor will it be as easy as 3.145926... {ha, nerd humor.}
I could whine and gripe about all of the things that happened to me, but, well,

that would be annoying to my lovely readers.
If you're here, you want entertainment.
Or you want to know about me. 

...actually, I'm not quite sure what drives people here to this site.

I can say that I get a lot of google hits.
...poor suckers trying to find out about Johnny Depp's love life. Or whatever search term they can't seem to figure out.
haha, as far as Johnny goes, this post is why.
It's short and reveals absolutely nothing about me and Johnny.
It was written in response to a silly picture I posted on facebook.

{Oh, I watched 21 Jump Street with my sister the other day. Oh my, he was cute! Even with the 80's do, he was adorable.
The teenagers on that show, however, were moody, rude, bratty creatures.
I don't understand.  
Do they not realize that their parents are paying for everything so their pitiful lives can be the way they are? Do they not realize that they'll grow up into adults and (potentially) be thought of as lame by the next generation?}

Well, back to my whining:
in summation, I had a homework assignment that took longer than expected, my car had a radiator issue that made me a few minutes late to class, my professor took off points for my tardiness, and I had a crisis of knowledge.
My teacher has been referencing things we should have learned in a previous class. But see, I took a placement test and placed out of that class.

There are gaps in my math knowledge. Not. Fun.

Though I got "enough sleep", I felt totally drained of energy. It was like I was fighting off a virus of sorts.

On top of it all, I forgot to eat until about two this afternoon (therefore, I had low blood sugar all morning).

It was just one of those "little things adding up" kind of deals.
I can't say which straw broke this camel's back, but one of them did.

This story has a happy ending...after a nap and some food, the world became a cheerier place in which to live.

I also read Psalm 46, and it was just what I needed.
When I got my Bible out, nothing seemed to be working out today. I was just down.

I flipped to the passage I needed without realizing it.

It was like God was saying, "My child, look. Look at what I've promised you. It always holds true."
SO COOL.

Because today, I had some proverbial mountains give way.
But I remember:

"God is our refuge and strength,
an ever present help in trouble.
Therefore, we will not fear, thought the earth give way
and the mountians fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging."


"God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day."
~Psalm 46:1-3, 5

I got chills remembering that I have Someone to depend on.
And I'm also sooooo thankful for my parents.
Those people are the best in the world! So supportive and fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this haha, I have a friend that will feel much better after reading Psalm 46.

    Plus i think most people come here to stalk you O.o
    Heh not really

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...