Saturday, September 17, 2011

Chilling out

I've calmed down.

It still makes me annoyed that companies who claim to "help find a cure for breast cancer" put chemicals in their products that increase the likelihood of cancer!

Do these companies have the intellect of bricks? (No offense, bricks)

It's weird that this is all coming to light as I've just started a job at a cosmetics store. I don't know what you'd call that coincidence, or is it coincidence?

Just so you know, not all of the products we sell at my store are bad.

There are a few makeup lines that are good for one's skin. Like Physicians Formula. So, I'm not a mega-hypocrite.

Yay Physician's Formula!

I love that company.
Not only do they sell good makeup (that's moderately priced) they sell mostly-free-of-bad-stuff makeup. It's also hypoallergenic, meaning my sensitive skin doesn't break out when I use their stuff.

We carry that brand at my store.
I'm a happy camper about that.

I may have lost some of my readers with that last post and part of this post.

Not everyone cares about makeup or about slowly poisoning themselves. (I'm going to assume that it's my male reader-base)

Well, guess what, my male readers?
Those chemicals are in your "beauty" products too (or whatever you call the stuff you use...personal care products? That's better. Anyways...)

So, now that I'm not livid at the big chemical companies sneaking gunk into their products, I'm going to no longer bore you with my rant.

You should go sign the petition. The petition for healthy cosmetics/personal care items, that is.

I can understand free choice and capitalism, but there should be some common sense laws in there too. Most people don't realize that their "Herbal Essence" is not full of herbs and "natural" products.


Next post will be about happier things, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...