Friday, April 01, 2011

A conversation overheard

(At the DMV, waiting for a picture to be taken.)

DMV lady: "Sir, you're going to need to take those glasses off, please. We need a picture of your face."

(sitting in front of the camera is an obvious hipster.  He's a guy with an afro. He's wearing gray skinny jeans, ankle boots, and a black jacket -- embellished with sequins. The look is pulled together by his hipster glasses. You know, the glasses that look like Buddy Holly's: 
The glasses supposedly say, "I'm cool, without even meaning to be. I'm comfortable wearing these semi-ugly glasses. I have confidence." But since it's a trend, there are many people doing this...so it ruins the cool factor. Back to my story:)

Guy: "What? But these are prescription!"


Lady: "Sir, you didn't need them to pass the vision test, and you also didn't use them for the driving portion of your examination. They're not necessary to driving for you. So, please remove them."

"But they're my prescription glasses! I need to wear them."


"Sir, like I said, they're unnecessary for driving and they're obscuring your face."


"Why you gotta have an attitude with me? These are my glasses, and I have a prescription for them!"


"Take off the glasses so I can take your picture.
*he complies*
Very good, now will you review the information listed here and make sure that it is all correct?"

"Yeah, yeah it's fine. But these glasses are prescription, I'm telling you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...