Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Regression

My body is regressing.
Ever since the half-marathon, I've been dragging with the running.
It's like my body is fighting me every step.
Inner conflict? Not cool.
Why must my body be so loathe to obey my brain?

...maybe it's because I didn't really sleep at all the past few days. I slept in that I had my eyes closed, but it was weird unsatisfying sleep, if you know what I mean. Staying at other people's houses will do that to you. It had nothing to do with the comfort of the homes, just that it was a different place, and my body knew it.
I'll use that as my excuse.

Today I halfheartedly ran. I went 5 miles, but I walked half of it.
I went home and grabbed a snack.
Then I decided that if I couldn't run, I would bike. It was such a gorgeous day, I felt the need to capture it on my camera.
So I got out the mountain bike, put my camera in a backpack, and rode out.
I rode up to the greenway, down part of the greenway and back home. I'd stop every so often to get some pictures. The greenway goes down along the swampy parts of the Neuse River. It also goes along the back of a subdivision...which kinda messes up the nature -- just a smidgen. There was also some trash and litter. stupid humans...

So in total, I went 7 miles on the bike, which is apparently no big sweat. It felt like a big sweat, but I was biking at noon (I'm smart to do that, I know) I am so glad I got to enjoy this beautiful day!

I got about 150 shots...now to sort through them.

Down by the banks, there were these cute tree frogs -- he was the size of my thumb nail, pretty much:

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...