Friday, April 29, 2011

A wedding. A posh wedding

Everyone is talking about the royal wedding.
EVERYONE.
I know, I know, it's just a wedding. Or so I've been told.

But I'm a girl.

This wedding happened at 5am my time, so, needless to say, I didn't watch it live.
am watching the rebroadcast...it's on youtube.
What a wonderful age we live in, to see things at our leisure. You can watch it here: the royal channel

I just so happen to love weddings. Of practically every sort.

Okay, maybe not the ones officiated by an elvis wanna-be:
There's a wedding for every kind of person, I suppose.

As one of those children raised on fairy tales, I especially like weddings with royalty.
Back in the day, royalty seemed like another breed of humanity. The kind of people who had it embedded in their genetic code to live happily ever after.
I can remember when I realized that royals were mere humans -- well, mere humans who wielded power.  It was a let down. It was comforting, too, since I wasn't born of royalty.

Anyways, as I watch this wedding, I'm amazed.
I don't think I could handle all of that pomp.
And after the ceremony? To have to smile and wave and wave and smile?
Watching them makes me feel so tired. The hoards of people, all cheering, whom you need to wave at?
I think it could be fun, for all of five minutes.
These people are having to smile for what seems like ages.
Their poor cheeks. They must have practiced. It was a good 20 minutes of smiling and waving.
It must be hard to know that every thing you do is being scrutinized.
To know that millions of eyes are watching you. One goof, and you're all over the tabloids.
What a great deal of pressure.
I suppose it's a blessing and a curse.

I swear, I saw one person in the procession picking their nose! ...maybe that's acceptable in the UK.

Did I mention that these English people are so cute and quaint? They really are.

And just in case I need my idea of what a princess should be utterly shattered, check out these real-live princesses: Princess Eugenie of York and Princess Beatrice of York
The definition of what a princess wears on her head has certainly changed... 

Anyways, it was a lovely wedding, and a lovely use of an hour of my life. 
You know I have nothing better to do. Absolutely nothing. 
Heh, I wish... 
off to productivity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...