Tuesday, April 19, 2011

facts/update/lazy writing

So, here is what happened, in semi-fact form (I still don't really feel like writing...maybe it was the 72 hour break from my computer that has done it...):




  • my youth group went to South Carolina for a quiz-off/youth rally. It was fantastic and uplifting. We stayed there overnight. There was little sleep to be had. 
  • I (and a few other girls) stayed overnight with a super-sweet lady. She had a huge collection of nail polish. I have pretty nails now. 
  • We were 20 minutes from the beach in South Carolina, but we never visited it, since the weather was so bad. 
  • Speaking of weather being bad, there was a terrible tornado that went through my hometown. So many houses have been destroyed. My house is unscathed, and God is good. 
  • We've been without power and water for about 4 days. That feels like an eternity, especially sans internet. I'm so entitled. The break from electricity and water reminded me of how good I have it, and how spoiled I am!
  • There are some really wonderful families at my church that allowed my family to crash at their places. I feel so blessed! Thank you, you wonderful people!
  • Staying at other people's houses is a great blessing, but our power is now back on, and I can sleep in my own bed after 5 days of crashing on couches! I'm excited about that. I am going to sleep soooo well. 
  • I'm learning a song that I love. It's this one:
  • I just found out I ACED my physics exam. I AM SO HAPPY! 
  • I admit, I went and got a kids meal from bojangles after I heard the news. Bojangles and Physics have some sort of connection. I'm trying to figure what exactly it is, but it makes me do really well in class. Any ideas?  
  • And now, I'm going for a run. Wow, life is so good! 
  • Also, Psalm 116. It's amazing, and it was highlighted to me during my quiet times over the past few days. Little things have worked out perfectly, and I KNOW it's a God thing. Read it here: Psalm 116

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...