Thursday, April 28, 2011

Studying Inductively


Bible study just became more colorful.

I recently purchased these Staedtler pens for note taking.
(they have an ultra fine point, and they don't bleed through paper...sweetness. They also have a nice case that props itself up...)

Right now, I'm getting into the inductive study method.

Inductive Study: breaking down passages into their components, and organizing ideas by color.
{if you needed that clarified; I know a few weeks ago, I would have}
 i.e. Pink is for blessings, Yellow is when there's mention of God, Blue is for commands, Green is for basic principals...etc.

I really am liking this method.
It has helped me to thoroughly analyze and digest the meaning of what I'm reading. I'm able to better focus, and I don't get overwhelmed with the big picture.
I've gleaned quite a bit of truth so far. More so than when I'd just read something and jot down a few notes.  It's exciting!

Also I should say that color coding things is great fun. At least for me it is.

I recommend that you try this study method out, if you haven't before.

Soon (someday) my Bible will look like a rainbow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...