Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Secrets finished up!

So as I attempt to list ten secrets about myself (who knew it would be so hard?), I have come down to 1&2. Finallllly, right?

Also, the past few days, I have been fighting off a cold. Right now, the cold is winning. The past few days, as I was warding said virus off, I was typing. I am having a hard time forming coherent thought, and for some reason, my fnigres want to hit teh rwnog keys. (you see what I did there?)

Secret #2: I am reserved.
This isn't a secret so much, but the fact that I often wish that my personality was different, is kind of a secret.
I wish I was that person who is/was the life of the party. I sometimes wish that when I speak, that every word from my mouth would be a gem of wit, both charming and hilarious to everyone. 
My bent is to be more of the fringe: friends with a vast majority, but not the center of any one group.
It takes me a while to warm up to people. I've been told that I'm hard to get to know. I wish I could be one of the sort that you feel like you've known forever (though you've just met)
If we ARE friends though, we are friends. Forever. Pretty much.

Along with that, secret #1...
drumroll, please...
 I don't believe in cliques. 
Actually, I hate cliques. I know they exist, but they make me sad.

I have been around them, and they are total fun-suckers. The people in them act all happy, but in that, they blind themselves to everyone else, especially the newcomers.
Seriously. I know I sound like an anti-social dork, but cliques are one thing that I would abolish if I could.
You may have no idea what a clique can do to an excluded person's self-esteem.
I like to think that I transcend cliques, but who knows? 

Whew, as hard as it is for me to articulate my thoughts while not on cold medicine, I'm surprised that you've read this far while I am on this drug that dulls the coughing.
Kudos for you. Virtual (germ-free!) hi-five!

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...