Friday, October 07, 2011

killer colds

I think it's becoming a trend that I interrupt myself frequently. The ten day challenge will be back, I promise.

But, this cold/allergy is killer, you guys, killer. (not literally...I hope.)
As I've fallen victim to this virus, I've turned to medicine to help ease my sneeze.
Because when your eyes water and burn, you CANNOT physically stop sneezing/coughing, you're excessively tired, and, to top it off, you've got a headache, there isn't much else to be done.
So, I turned to some daytime tylenol cold/allergy.
Symptoms eased, right?
Weellll, I tell you what, I took a "normal person dose", and it had some funky side effects.
According to the label, you're supposed to take a dose every four hours, but I took one dose, and it worked out great for at least eight hours.
It did, however make me feel retarded. (I mean that in a politically correct way, of course. *wink*)
I felt like I had some severe mental thinking problems.
About thirty minutes after taking my dose, I decided that, with my cold and all, it would be a great idea to go on a walk to get some fresh air.
A nice, four mile walk.
That was one of the weirdest exercise experiences of my life.
At first, I was fine, though a little bit slower than I usually am. After walking for ten minutes, I was pretty sure I was going to fall asleep on someone's front lawn.
I felt like I was drifting, like I wasn't really in my body.
I felt like my iq dropped by a good 100 points.
So, when I reached the halfway point, I thought it would be wise to jog and get some blood flowing.
ha.
NOW THAT was the lamest running I've ever done. I was glad there was no one around.
After galumping, and finding that my body was not really listening to me, I just eased back into a walk and prayed that I would make it home before I passed out.

So, if that wasn't enough, I decided to take some ny-quil last night. It was a good 12 hours after I had taken my tylenol, so I knew that the drugs wouldn't interact badly.
Ny-quil is one of those medicines you both love and hate. I loved it, because it enabled me to sleep oh-so-soundly for ages. It dried up my cough and relieved my symptoms.

Well, this morning, I awoke with a feeling like no other. I was in a conscious dream-state. Whatever is in that ny-quil, it makes for some weird dreams. It turned me into a vegetable. I thought I had gotten up and performed a few of my routine morning tasks, but I found myself still sleeping in my bed. 

I cannot wait for this cold to leave.

Also, I don't really like cleaning up public restrooms. I'm not sure who does. The person who does like such things probably has a very good job market.
It's pretty much the grossest job ever.
If you think about what it is you're cleaning up...
I did it for a few weeks at camp, and...well, it was one of my least favorite things.
I guess someone has to do it.
Anyways, it just makes me super-thankful for janitors. We had a...situation at work in the store's bathroom. Of such things, nightmares are made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...