Monday, October 17, 2011

FINALLY...eight fears

I am fearless, or so I've been told.
When it comes to dare-devil stunts, I'm all for it.
I like adrenaline rushes.
I may scream, but I do love it. 
Jumping off of things? Yes.
Climbing up high on things? Yes.
Trying new things? Yes. 
I have numerous stories concerning my love of being daring. I also have the physical evidence.

I am also one of those girls who does NOT scream at the sight of bugs and snakes.

What do I fear?
Nothing.


(A boldfaced lie, I assure you)

I don't really want to share my fears. Once they're written out, I think that they'll just be silly and dumb. Ok, there we go: I'm afraid of exposing my weaknesses to the world. 

My fears are more emotionally based. I guess that's normal, since I am a girl.
These fears are stupid, I admit, and not terribly serious, but we are getting them out of the way so we can move on to the fun stuff. 
  1. I'm afraid of things that are purely malicious. The reason I'm not afraid of bugs and snakes is because they aren't inherently malicious. They have their own agenda, and they're just trying to do their own thing. They only hurt you if you threaten them. Really: At camp this summer there was a proliferation of honey bees/wasps. I taught my campers that if you were calm, the bees were calm. I let bees and wasps crawl on my hand, and I've never been stung. Now if these things are after me for no reason, then I might just flip out. Also, in that vein, I'm a bit afraid of people who dislike me for no apparent reason. 
  2. I'm afraid of losing my health. Now, by this, I don't mean getting sick or coming down with a disease that I can't prevent, but I mean being unhealthy and fat and totally being able to help it. American gluttony just grosses me out! This is a superficial fear, I know, but it's one that has given me nightmares. Just look at peopleofwalmart.com, you'll see what I mean.
  3.  I'm scared of the future. Yes, I know that God holds the future, and that He does work everything for my good, but here's the deal: I'm afraid of being outside of His will and screwing up big time. i.e., turning someone away from Him. That is probably fear #1.
  4. I guess I should admit that (like every other single girl) I'm scared of finding "the one". How will I know? What if I'm mistaken? what if there isn't a "one", but I have to choose? I have this recurring nightmare in which I end up with this terrible guy (and I have no choice, ahh!)...or I dream that I never get married. Both scenarios make me sad.  And I do have to say, this is a silly fear.  I am still young, and God is totally in control and His timing is perfect. But still, I think I would hate to be wed to a out-of-shape guy named Bubba who doesn't relate to me on any level. (and just watch, this fear will come true)
  5. I fear incompetence. As you may well know, I'm a perfectionist in my own right. I want to be good enough to do anything I set my mind to do. I don't like talking myself up, because I know that there is always someone better at what I'm doing.
  6. I fear harming others, emotionally or physically. Even when it comes to animals; I'm loathe to squish a bug. Now if it's self-defense, I can totally do some damage. Watch out, mosquitoes!
  7. I fear the unknown. Suspense makes me jump like you wouldn't believe. Just wait, one of these days I'll just have a heart attack from shock.
  8. Andd finally, I fear not making the most of every opportunity, not obeying God's calling, and ignoring the promptings of the Holy Spirit. Now THAT is my biggest fear.
There. I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...