Wednesday, February 16, 2011

FEET, feet, feet

So I went running today. Whoop-de-do.

I don't know, I feel like I'm hitting a wall. Or maybe I just need new running shoes. Mine are losing their oomph. I've heard that you're supposed to replace running shoes every few hundred miles. My shoes have seen some action, they need to retire.  They'd be the Brett Farve of shoes.

Plus, (don't tell anyone) they're GUYS SHOES.
When I was at the running store, the sales associate assured me that there was virtually "no difference" between guy and girl shoes. She was wrong.

...I've been reading running shoe articles in my running magazines, and there IS a difference. Guy shoes have less cushion, and the design is for guy feet. Broader, flatter, etc.

So, I get to go shopping soon for running shoes!

When I was out running today, about two miles from the house, my foot muscles seized up. On both feet.
AAAGH!
Every step became painful. I pretty much limped home. There wasn't much to be done.

I was lame. (ohhh, yes. I just did that) 

Now my tootsies are relaxing and stretching out as I get ready to go to church to help out with kids club.
I plan on wearing my most comfy shoes, in hopes that my feet will chillax.

Otherwise, I'll just be lame. In both meanings of the word. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...