Monday, February 14, 2011

In which I wish you a happy valentine's day

Yesterday, while I wasn't depressed or anything, I felt a bit blah. You know what I mean?

Sometimes, encouragement isn't so very far away.


I met a little girl last night in awana, and after talking to her for a few minutes, she looked up at me, stared for a few seconds, and said, "you're really pretty."
Just out of the blue and matter-of-factly.
It sounds silly, but it was just what I needed to get out of the feeling of the blahs.

Children simply warm my heart with their sweetness.


Little 6-year-old John drew a portrait of me with purple hair and a cryptic message that even he couldn't read to me. He said it was my valentine's card. 
It was cute. 
Little kids do me good, what with their fresh ideas and lack of facade. Children think in straightforward terms and don't have ulterior motives for their behavior.  Anything involving work with kids is going to be my cup of tea, I do think. I'm so pumped for this summer, because it hopefully will be containing some weeks at camp.

SO.

It's Valentine's day, and while I don't have a conventional "valentine", I have many people in my life who shower me with friendship, love, and affection. Today gives me time to reflect on this.

Realized: you don't have to be romantically involved to have a happy valentine's day. 

Today, I also remember how blessed I am, and that I already have THE ULTIMATE valentine who utterly completes me. He is selfless, good, and perfect.
He envelops me with love, and He has given me the sweetest love letter ever written.
That's cause for extreme excitement.

Oh, and since I said I would in the title,
(I'm not really sure, but this picture seems cute for valentines...)

Happy Valentine's Day! 

2 comments:

  1. That is totally sweet and kind I know what you mean by blah it is kind of hard sometimes when it comes to life sometimes you have to look at the good and it seems to me that God put that little girl ight there just for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! It was awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...