Monday, February 06, 2012

SUPERBOWWWLLLLLL

So... what's new for me?
Not much.
I've been sick [again].
Fun stuff!
And this kind of sick isn't the kind that lets me shuffle around the world. Because I'm contagious, and it would be inconsiderate to share the germs.
On Friday, I woke up with a fever and dull achy-ness. I rested, and hoped it would go away. It didn't. I felt like...well, there are no words. I do know that I was stubborn and insisted on going to eat thai food. I love thai food, and no fever is going to stand in my way. I thought maybe I was just making the sickness up.
On Saturday, it was worse. Despite the fact that I could barley shuffle out of bed, I could almost convince myself that it was all in my head. I could be a trooper, I had work to do!
Thank goodness, my parents still know best.
They took me to the doctor. I told my dad that I could sleep it off, but he wanted a strep test done, just to be sure.
When I went to the doctor, he acted like I wasn't really sick at first. He took my temperature, which was around 100.7 (low-grade for normal people, a higher fever for me. See, I run a low temperature naturally. I think it's genetic, but my "normal body temperature" is about 97.6, a degree lower than the average. It's weird, but it's normal.) he looked at my throat and told me that since my dad wanted it, they would do the test.
I'm pretty sure he thought I was just a girl with low pain tolerance.
He was wrong. He cam back in and told me that I did have strep. He was so much nicer.
He prescribed three different types of pills and told me to rest.
Rest I did. I slept for hours and hours. I ate some dinner, and then slept all night.
Crazy.
Yesterday, I rested all day too. I woke up this morning feeling tired.
But I've had enough sickness, and it's time to be a grown up. I need to be healthy now.

So I am going to be.

Part of me would love to take it easy again today, but that's not happening.


Yesterday, as pretty much every american knows, was the super bowl, or Everyone-pretends-they-like-football-day.

I didn't really care about the outcome until I remembered that jerk Tom Brady played for the Patriots [boo!] and that Kareem McKenzie (name twin!) played for the Giants.
Then I was a Giants girl.

It was a nail-biter finish.

I watched the commercials, laughed a bit with a friend (I have a good idea for a blog post now! Inspired.), and was blown away by OK GO's chevy ad.
Favorite. Ad. Ever.
At. Least. For. This. Year.

Also, it's a good song, so, win-win.
This is also a practical application of physics!

Finally, I am seeing the light when it comes to that subject.

Watch it:


So, yep. My weekend: get sick, sleep, watch the superbowl, sleep.
Now off to be a productive adult!
*sigh*

Ooh, what was YOUR favorite ad? Do tell.
(you can see all of them on hulu's adzone. Sweet)

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...