Friday, July 08, 2011

Benadryl, it's what you do to me

I have posted about this plenty, but I'm at that place again:
ALLERGIES.
I was allergy tested, and I am allergic to the dumbest things. Gluten, mold, animals, a few different weeds/trees, and DUST.
Like, I am sooo allergic to dust, it's crazy.

I take it to mean that I am meant to be rich and have others clean for me. I'm supposed to be a princess, don't you know.
Orr, it means I'm supposed to be OCD in my cleaning.
Ummm, I'll go with the princess angle.

Well, there is one drug I have found to actually alleviate my allergies.
Benadryl.
It's the stuff that really works for me. Every time.

But guess what?
It makes me loopy. It makes me, well, I guess you'd call it a high of sorts. 
I am rather sensitive to Diphenhydramine. So sensitive that I take 1/4 of a dose and it still knocks me out.   

15 minutes after popping a benadryl, I get sleepy. My mind starts thinking in very basic terms. Like, the ceiling becomes fascinating. I couldn't care less about anything. I feel a mental numb.

Also, I get hungry. Very hungry to munch on something.

My talking is slow (usually I talk quickly) and I have a bad short term memory. Puns and dumb jokes are hilarious when I'm in this mental state.

Everything feels fuzzy, and I'm pretty sure that my brain starts to float away.

But I'm not sneezing, my eyes are no longer watering, and most importantly, I don't feel miserable.

When I get to the point with allergies that I would like nothing more than to curl up in a fetal position and cry, I know to take that pill.

If you have allergies, you can sympathize, I'm sure.

If you don't, well, it's like this:
You start sneezing without productivity. I'm taking 25 sneezes in a row, and you still keep on sneezing. (Sneezing is an amazing ab workout, though. Maybe I should start a sneeze-workout class)
Your eyes get itchy and watery. They turn red and puff up in a most unattractive manner. It becomes hard to see  (But you know, the red brings out the green in my eyes)
You start coughing and wheezing (if it's bad enough)
Your skin itches. Your nose turns red. (get ready for the rudolph jokes, darlin', because they will come)

It feels like there is nowhere you can go to get relief.

You get cranky due to the frustrations you're dealing with. No one else around is having trouble with their overeager immune system.

That's when I find my bottle of benadryl.
It's like magic.
...magic with a price of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...