Wednesday, January 04, 2012

resolve. Resolve?

Last year, I resolved to write on my blog every day.
ha. ha.
It didn't quite pan out. I made it a few months though! This year, as far as my blog goes, I shall write at least once a week. The post will hopefully be thoughtful and maybe, if you're lucky, funny. At the least, self-depreciating.

I'm going for quality over quantity. I think the problem with last year is that I just posted way too much. Talk about burnout!
And I doubt you lovely readers want to be over-inundated with my ramblings.
Oh, happy new year, by the way.

And happy Christmas, too!

The past month (in case you can't tell) I've been sick. I'm finally feeling well, and hopefully I won't be sick for another year.

That's the plan, anywho.
For Christmas, I was absolutely showered with love.
I'm pretty sure gifts is one of my major love languages. At least, I love showing love by giving/doing thoughtful things. I certainly got some thoughtful things. But I will say that one of my friends is much too generous for his own good. I'll leave it at that.

As I ponder the past year, I can't believe HOW MUCH HAS HAPPENED. Hopefully this next year will be just as full of wonderful surprises. Last year, I posted a letter-y thing to 2010.  (you can see it here, if you're so inclined) Perhaps I'll write a letter to 2011. Right now, though, as I try to look back, everything seems fuzzy and hazy and all jumbled up in my memory. Thank goodness for journals. Perhaps I shall write a letter to 2011, sooner or later.

(If you know me, you know how I love letters but how terrible I am at replying...)

Well, my goals for this next year are to be more structured and organized. It's terrible, I'm usually highly happy-go-lucky. I don't want to turn into a crazy type-A personality, but I know that I want to have discipline and self-control.
As a happy-go-lucky person, I can be a bit too impulsive for my own good.
Especially when it comes to doing fun things. You may have seen some of my posts about not sleeping. I think this next year, I should start actually valuing sleep.
Usually I put sleep off until I'm about to just fall asleep standing up. Seriously, there are so many other fun things to do!

Also, I am going to get into great shape.
I ran a 13.1 mile race last year, and this year, I will perhaps run another, but I will be better, faster, and stronger.
...most likely.

I got a ukelele for Christmas!
I love love love it.
It came with a little how-to book, with pictures of the "masters".
Umm.
Have you seen a ukelele master?
The one in the instruction book was not what I want my image to be. (Think rotund people with Hawaiian shirts. And leis. Leis everywhere.)
This guy, however...

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...