Monday, January 16, 2012

Applying

Weekends just rush by.
I am going to relay the happenings of this past weekend, because I can and this is my blog.
I think that's reason enough.

So, I've been blogging about EFP a little bit. There's a definite possibility that I will be going to Honduras for a few months! Lately, my plans have been up in the air. Finally, they are become more solidified.

Lately, I have been all about submitting applications and waiting for answers.

One application that I've submitted has been to a...university.

I was late in the game with this application, because, well,
A) I had writer's block when it came to essays (lame excuse, I know)
and
B) my test scores took too long to process and submit. I'm hoping that I get in, and that everything's a breeze, and that I'll finally be a real college student. 

I've gone to the local community college for some classes, but that is not the same. People aren't taken seriously at community college. It's like the teachers expect you to be dumb and irresponsible. My last teacher (Calculus I) was B-A-D.

She had a strange policy when it came to tardiness. If I was five minutes late to class and there was a lab due, the lab counted for nothing. Not even half-credit.

A big fat zero.

After I had spent hours working on a lab, to have five minutes mean more to her than the hours I put into my work seemed unfair.

And it wasn't even my fault.

My car had decided to overheat.

She didn't accept my excuse. "If I let you submit this, then everyone with car troubles will be able to submit their late work, too."
...okay?  Good plan?

What, is there a mob of people out there with legit car troubles who happen to run into class five minutes late too?

Nope.

It sounded good to me, but she was insistent that she would not give me credit. Also she would tell us she was giving us a really great break because her teacher had done such-and-such.

Bitter much?

Ah well, c'est la vie. I passed the course (I'd never thought I would be stoked about a C), and now I'm moving on with life. 

So State University. That's my future plan. Fall semester, here I come! (hopefully)
I plan to study food and nutrition or perhaps Physics (I knoww, I "hated" physics, but I pulled off an A in both of my College Physics classes! I was so excited when I saw the final letter grade) or maybe chemistry. When I took chem, I fell in love with the subject. All of the details were so riveting.

I LOVE science.
My mind is science-wired.
English? *plllbbt* so subjective.
Math? meh.

History is riveting, and I love the arts, but neither are lucrative fields in the current economic climate. Art is a fun hobby though.



It's only an hour until I get these braces off.
Hopefully.
I fear that my orthodontist will give me the "wait six more weeks" spiel. I've been told to "wait six more weeks" for the past 10 months.
But perfect teeth take time. Or so I'm told.
I have this fear that the braces will come off and I'll have bad teeth. All of that time, and still the teeth are crooked.
I'll post before and after shots for you lovely readers.
I know you're oh so interested in orthodontics and my teeth.
I haven't really told you what I did this weekend, but this post is long enough for now.

I had a fantastic weekend though, and that is probably all you really want to know.

As a reader of other blogs, I know how you readers think.  
skim-skim-skim-huh, what?-skim-skim-haha, that's funny-skim-okay I've got the jist.
Something along those lines, right? Or are you an in-depth reader?

1 comment:

  1. If you DO end up going to State and taking Calculus II/III, take Mrs. Kurtz for those. Class is actually somewhat enjoyable, shockingly, and she's a fantastic teacher.

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...