Monday, October 18, 2010

Something to Ponder...

In the 1720's, Isaac Watts wrote this hymn. Its theme convicts my American laid-back-apathy...


Am I a soldier of the cross,
A follower of the Lamb,
And shall I fear to own His cause,
Or blush to speak His Name?


Must I be carried to the skies
On flowery beds of ease,
While others fought to win the prize,
And sailed through bloody seas?


Are there no foes for me to face?
Must I not stem the flood?
Is this vile world a friend to grace,
To help me on to God?


Sure I must fight if I would reign;
Increase my courage, Lord.
I’ll bear the toil, endure the pain,
Supported by Thy Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...