Saturday, October 23, 2010

Morning has broken...

This morning has been great so far.


 Here are the facts:


Fact #1: I slept in late.


There is no better way to start the morning. There was no alarm to rudely awaken me out of deep sleep. No reason to groggily get out of bed and fumble for the snooze button.


Sleeping in can also be one of the WORST ways to start your day. Especially when you have somewhere to be at the ungodly hour of 7:15 am...
Luckily for me, I didn't have anywhere to be, so I slept and slept. What bliss!


If you know me, you know that


I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON. 


This morning however, I was peppy. Considering that it was around 11:30 that I finally decided to roll out of bed.


Hey, don't judge. I'm only going to be a kid {and irresponsible} for a few more months... I'm enjoying it while I can.


Fact #2: I cooked a yummy breakfast.


It is a well-known fact that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. 


The other important meals  are second breakfast, elevenses, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner and (later in the evening) supper.


This morning, breakfast was scrumptious and an instant mood-enhancing meal.
I fried some italian sausage, sautéed onions, and made a fritatta with feta cheese.
(fritattas are the new omelets, but prettier and more fun to make)


I like cooking. When things turn out, it makes me happy. When other people can ingest and actually enjoy the food I've made, it increases the happy meter too.


I do not like baking. Baking is NOT my thing. If you want cake or cookies, ask my sister. She's good with such things. (I always like to peek in the oven, which results in flat cake. meh.)


My mom is an amazing cook. She has the gift of being able to throw just about anything together and it ALWAYS turns out savory and delish. I'm glad she's sharing her secrets.


Fact #3: I acted as a barista.


No, not a barrister, but a coffee maker. Cappuccinos. mmmm. C'mon, it's Saturday.
 (SHHHH!)
....
Then one of the chickens got out of the pen and we had to chase her around the yard...which made for some excitement.


A bit later, I'm going to a costume party (!) which makes the day even better. 




 Happy Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...