Sunday, October 03, 2010

Save Me

Living
Am I really living
Or am I just existing
Hiding away

Danger
The world is full of danger
But if I never try to go outside
My heart will waste away

Come and save me
You’re the only source of all the peace I need
Come and save me

You tell me life will not be pain free
What will be will always be in your control
Darkness is light to you
And all you ask me to do
Is trust what you say is true

You are stronger
Than any terrible possible scenario today
Come and save me
You’re the only source of all the peace I need
Come and save me



~J.J. Heller


I wish I could take credit for this song. My music was on shuffle and this song came on. 
It was striking. 


It made me ask, "Am I living?" 


I was reminded that God is my strength and He calls me to live. 


To top it off He freely gives the peace and courage to live


GOD, who made everything, from the smallest atom to the galaxies that make Earth seem like a speck, LOVES ME. 

I cannot even sustain my own life. 

 I am totally dependent on Him for every breath. 


It makes everything I do "on my own" look ridiculous.



The crazy paradox is that He loves everyone with this intensity. 


I can't comprehend this. 
When I do try to get it, I put Him in human perimeters.  I think in terms of market value. Surely He must love some more than others...nope.


The truth is, we are all His favorites. What a thought. 


Hey you, reading this sentence. God loves you. He wants to be close to you.




This is a sweet passage (Isaiah 43, God speaking): 


       "Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
       I have summoned you by name; you are mine.



             When you pass through the waters,

       I will be with you;
       and when you pass through the rivers,

       they will not sweep over you.
       When you walk through the fire,

       you will not be burned;
       the flames will not set you ablaze.
           


For I am the LORD, your God,
       the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
      

 I give Egypt for your ransom,
       Cush and Seba in your stead.
            


 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
       and because I love you,

       I will give men in exchange for you,
       and people in exchange for your life.

       Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
       I will bring your children from the east
       and gather you from the west.
             I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'
       and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.'
      

 Bring my sons from afar
       and my daughters from the ends of the earth-
       everyone who is called by my name,
       whom I created for my glory,
       whom I formed and made."


Woah. God astounds me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...