Wednesday, October 20, 2010

caffeine! yay yay yay!!!!!!

Oh yes! Daddy bought coffee beans for the cappuccino maker...

Oh but don't worry about me. I'm not falling off the bandwagon. Nope.

Like Mark Twain said [insert coffee for smoking]:

"Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times."
I'm good. Really.

Changing the subject.

I'm learning some new songs for the guitar. I'm stoked about that. Now if I could only get my voice to cooperate. Pesky cough.

Speaking of singing,
have you heard of  Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir? (click on his name to visit one of his youtube videos)
Well, my friend who shall remain nameless {just know that she's awesome} talked me into singing a part with her.
This is going to be fun. Look for my tiny picture in the upcoming video. *wink*

And now I will leave you with an anecdote that reflects my great-aunt's personality:

My great-aunt Louise was in the kitchen with my mom, my aunt, my great-uncle, and me. 
I had been serving cake and coffee.
 My mom called me "her little Martha" [referring to the woman in the Bible]. 
My great-aunt doesn't miss a thing. She said, "she is an awful lot like Martha Stewart, isn't she?" 
We just smiled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...