Saturday, October 09, 2010

IN-SAN-ITY

I now know why white is the color of insanity. Today I almost went insane.

My bedroom has been going through a major overhaul. We are ripping out the flooring, repainting, putting in crown moulding...it's like HGTV decided to come over for a visit.
My dad is revamping the bathroom, too. It's gorgeous (and purple!)

So today, I painted the primer on my walls.
I'm a messy novice painter.
(Luckily, it didn't matter if I got the paint on the carpet, since that carpet will be leaving soon.)

I'm a sight to see.

My jeans look like abstract art.

I'm going to sell them for a large sum of money. Because they are, after all, one-of-a-kind.
(can you believe that I've had these jeans for 5 years? Those are tough jeans. Random fact #43)

The best way to paint:

I put in my earbuds, set my ipod to shuffle, and went for it.

Roller-ing walls is fun when you're singing.

Hey, everything is fun when you're singing. Even math. Hence why musicals are so popular.


After two and 1/2 (odd how that can work out) coats of paint...
The walls are WHITE. 

None of the walls in my house are white.
I always took this for granted.
My parents are artistic, creative people, but I never appreciated it until now.

Looking at the primed, blank, empty, dull, colorless, void, white walls, I started to feel insane. Who would want to live in a room where the walls stimulate no imagination??

The cones and rods of my eyes were BORED. I even held up some awesome posters to the walls, and the posters started to look drab.

Was this all in my head?? To help myself out, I Googled. According to Yahoo(!) answers, white is the color of insanity. Yahoo! Answers should know, right?

...my dad says white is the color of insanity too.
He's an architect.
Architects know such things.


I'm glad that tomorrow my walls will be painted PEA POD GREEN!
It will be beautiful.

Also, I think that this post is slightly off. I'm feeling loopy. It must be the white walls taking effect...

1 comment:

  1. Your music is good. You could add some sufjan stevens or andrew bird... :)

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...